I dont know: EDucation at Sydney or Wollongong? (1 Viewer)

ChRiS_2004

I have tossed up the idea of doing Primary Education at Uni of Sydney or at Wollongong. I got a UAi of 93.1 but i am worried about what uni to attend. Sydney has a 4 year course and is more expensive and you dont do prac in the first year whilst at the wollongong uni you do prac firt year, it runs for 3 years and they didnt increase their HECs payments
i am confused please give me some advise on why i shoudl attend university of sydney over wollongong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love ChRiS :D

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
ive heard usyd has the best reputation and possibly better job prospects. dont just consider the course. consider the uni, the transport and what you lifestyle will be for the next few years too.

Tammie

university of sydney has a great reputation for education, whether its primary or secondary. im not quite sure about wollongong but i havent heard much about it having a great rep. career wise you would probably be better off going to uni of syd or uni of nsw, both have good reps and you'll be more likely to land a position with the uni's rep behind you. Sydney uni is huge too heaps of facilities, although your paying alot more your paying for the name of the uni you'll have written on your degree at the end.......goodluck:)

AshleaSK

Heya,

I'm biased, cos I'm an edu student at Sydney, but I have to tell you, you couldn't ask for a better place to study! It's really a wonderful atmosphere and has great facilities and friendly people.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
usyd does have the better reputation for Education.

as for the amount of years each degree is...woulnd't u trust the degree with more years, as u therefore would have more experience? just my two cents...

plus i also know that the lady who distributes prac teaching is extremely experienced and very good! you'll get sent to some of the best schools.

i think i'm biased too...but usyd is great for ed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)