i capture the castle (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
has anyone read this book? the movie has just been released and it has rose byrne in it. if u have read it, was it good and what did u think of it?

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Yeah, I read it, and even though it was TOTALLY not the sort of book I'd usually read, I LOVED it. I don't really know why, the story just flowed and the characters all worked.

The movie was pretty good, although I saw it after I read the book, and people who hadn't read the book when they saw it said they had trouble understanding everything. I think it's one of those movies where you need to have read the book first because there's so much "assumed knowledge" hehe.
The movie skipped a few things though, and changed bits, as movies do.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
I read it a couple of months ago. I thought it was really good until the end. It just annoyed me for some reason, even though it made sense. Seemed a bit like something out of a soap opera, but I guess I'm just not a 'hopeless romantic'. I wouldn't call it bad, just...I anticipated what was going to happen and it ruined the surprise.
I still think it was well written though, and I liked most of the characters.

I'd like to see the movie one day, but I haven't heard of it being out anywhere.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the dvd is released everywhere now so u shuould be able to find it. "romantic" huh? maybe i wont read it now....actually, ill just give it a go

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Oh okay thanks for the info. :)
It isn't all sappy or anything, which is what I'd normally associate with romance [in books anyway], but the relationships that the main characters have are pretty central to the plot, and so are developed through a lot of the story.
It's only a short book anyway. Hope you enjoy it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)