Human Rights Assignment (1 Viewer)

ChickenFeet

HSC
- Identify and describe the nature of the chosen issue
- Provide details of ONE specific example of human rights issue (international case study)
- Asses ONE legal and ONE non-legal response to the issue

Does anyone know any good case where I can find a legal response to?

Thanks! :)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
ChickenFeet said:
- Identify and describe the nature of the chosen issue
- Provide details of ONE specific example of human rights issue (international case study)
- Asses ONE legal and ONE non-legal response to the issue

Does anyone know any good case where I can find a legal response to?

Thanks! :)
hotel rwanda is a good one.
- human rights issue of discrimination, also of war crimes and genocide. basically two ethnic groups in rwanda. Hutu and Tutsi. a Hutu militia group wanted to cleanse the country of all Tutsi people, and any Hutu's who didnt co-operate.
- a legal remedy is the UN's attempts at peacekeeping. (for that you could say stuff about how the UN's mandate of not being allowed to engage in gunfire affected their ability to protect. you can also talk about how General Dalliare (head of the peacekeeping team), had information about an arms stockpile that the militia were going to use but the UN didn't allow them to secure it to avoid the confrontation. as a result the uprising went ahead and almost a million civilians were killed in 100 days.

- a non legal remedy is the media - you can talk about how little information was getting out to the media, but about brave reporters who revealed to the world the horrible incidence occuring in the country.

hope that helps! good luck

ChickenFeet

HSC
gibbo153 said:
hotel rwanda is a good one.
- human rights issue of discrimination, also of war crimes and genocide. basically two ethnic groups in rwanda. Hutu and Tutsi. a Hutu militia group wanted to cleanse the country of all Tutsi people, and any Hutu's who didnt co-operate.
- a legal remedy is the UN's attempts at peacekeeping. (for that you could say stuff about how the UN's mandate of not being allowed to engage in gunfire affected their ability to protect. you can also talk about how General Dalliare (head of the peacekeeping team), had information about an arms stockpile that the militia were going to use but the UN didn't allow them to secure it to avoid the confrontation. as a result the uprising went ahead and almost a million civilians were killed in 100 days.

- a non legal remedy is the media - you can talk about how little information was getting out to the media, but about brave reporters who revealed to the world the horrible incidence occuring in the country.

hope that helps! good luck
thanks!! just to that.. do you know where i can find the info on the legal remedy..? i dont know how to use the UN site properly :S or is there any other info i could get? ><

omgd.

HSC
N/A

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
ChickenFeet said:
thanks!! just to that.. do you know where i can find the info on the legal remedy..? i dont know how to use the UN site properly :S or is there any other info i could get? ><
just google it, there should be tons of info on rwanda

ChickenFeet

HSC
omgd. said:
i was actually planning to do death penalty in china in the beginning..
and i needed both the human rights issue and a case study relating to it
and then legal and non legal response to the case study

well thanks guys. appreciate it heaps =] ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)