HSC tips (1 Viewer)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Hi guys,
Im just entering year 12, in 3 unit we have so far done - mathematical induction, binomial expansion(finding independent terms of x - greatest coeff) , further trig (single and double angle results), inequalities with x in the denominator, divind an interval in a given ration, polynomials (factor and remainder thereom - sum and product of roots - newtons method of approximation) and permutations and combinations. What more do i have to learn? Also are there any tips or opinions on the HSC course that you oldies can provide? I love maths and i got 92% in my yearly test (but i dont know how i compare with all other schools -- my school is pretty dumb) do u think it is beneficial to pick up 4 unit maths or would i be taking too much on?

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
caculus to the physical world, circle geometry, .. inverse trig..

tips : DO YOUR H/W and zillions of past papers..
always try to listen in class (it really helps coz the teacher mite giv out hints)

i reckon you should take it up for a whiel if its too much then drop.. just try ..

^___^
HSC
umm...tips hey...

do lots of questions...try to understand concepts instead treating them just like numbers and formulas with no meaning...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah many questions

and y have u leant yr 12 topics so early??

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
are they hsc topics? mad! im ahead! yay for me. Um because there are only 2 of us in the 3 unit class so we do a seperate 2 unit class and then do 3 unit as another different class, so i havent actually learnt all of the 2unit course yet and therefore i have had more time for the straight 3 unit. I reallylike 3 unit maths! thanks for ur advice. ps. sukiyaki, if thats u in the foto - u are HOT!

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
u like maths???
i hate it but it's easy to study....i mean u dun need to follow closely to the syllabus and all u do is a lot of practice.

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
I love maths, my favourite subject no doubt! there is me and another girl in our 3 unit class and we both really enjoy maths, no one can understand us? but they love us anywayz. lillaila is that evanesence in ur display picture? I love evanesence ... how mad are theyre songs!

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
. I reallylike 3 unit maths! thanks for ur advice. ps. sukiyaki, if thats u in the foto - u are HOT!
aww shocks ..im CUTE hehe .. nah it arent me.. Im not guy.. im a girl...

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
lillaila is that evanesence in ur display picture? I love evanesence ... how mad are theyre songs!
yyes it is...i knooooooow yeah....amy is a gr8 performer.
ukno she designs her own clothes?

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
sukiyaki -- who ever is in that foto is hot! Who is it? anyone famous?
lillaila -- realy mad, i now how even more respect for her, i love individuals!

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
sukiyaki -- who ever is in that foto is hot! Who is it? anyone famous?
hehe his name is won bin, famous in korean movies and series (friends, autumn fairy tale). Yes he is HOT .. ahh

Giant Lobster

HSC
i won a bin once. :rolleyes: :p

Hey mazza, finish 3u and take on 4u. I know ppl who r idiots and taking 4u maths, and like they come out with ok marks so yeah, its possible. And if ur school has done binomial theorem / induction / all these funky hard 3u topics already then ur school aint dumb :)

shadowRRL

HSC
maths is cool thats y there r so many ppl r good at it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)