HSC Performance Advice (1 Viewer)

craigfine

HSC
Hey Guys

I am a drummer and i am choosing to do 4 performance pieces for my HSC course starting next term. I have no clue what to do. I was thinking of playing a piece with my school band (The highest Band in the school) with me being the feature and then the other 3 i have no clue what do for them.

Please can you guys give me your advice. Throw any suggestions at me please as i am really confused and want to do pieces that showcase my talents and not weaknessess.

Thanks in Advance Craig trollface.jpg

madharris

HSC
N/A
Do you know what your topics are?
Ask your school teacher and drum teacher (if you have one) to suggest some things for you as they would probably know your ability and what impresses the markers better than anyone on the internet.

craigfine

HSC
Hey,

Each individual has their own personalised/Tailored Course of topics specifically for them. No matter what i chose it will fit in no matter what. Hope this helps.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Ohhh, I forgot that you did it that way :(

Well think about your strengths, what types of genres do you enjoy the most, as obviously you want to play pieces that you enjoy.
Think about showing off a wide variety of skills and techniques
Think about pieces where you don't just 'play' but where it allows you to 'perform' it

Can't really give much help as I didn't have any drummers in my year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)