HSC Marking (1 Viewer)

schooly

Hi ,although this is related to all subjects and not just chemistry but this was my last forum i was browing so i decided to place this thread here :)
i just wanna know , if any of you know, if the hsc markers when reading answers try and look for things u didnt put in or do they try and look for good stuff in ur answers. what i bascially mean is are they trying to give you marks or are they trying to lsoe you marks :)
Thankyou

kini mini

HSC
Generally, markers take the attitude that you have to earn marks through the content and structure of your answer, rather than starting from 100% and deducting marks for mistakes. This is the essence of the outcomes-based marking scheme :).

In practice, the generosity of markers varies from subject to subject and from person to person. In the French exam, I was told by my teacher, who marked the aural paper, that they tried to give students the benefit of the doubt by looking to see if they had expressed the idea required in some way. I haven't read the markers' reports for chemistry and other subjects, but they're the place to look if you want to get a sense of their attitude :).

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
i agree..

like the teacher says. never leave a blank answer they can't mark you down for not knowing something, but they can't give u marks for leaving it blank.. so u earn marks, not lose them!:p

abdooooo!!!

Banned
i think in science subjects teachers are trying take marks off you. thats because if they don't lots of people are gonna end up getting 100%.

i've read the chemistry markers' report this year; it seems that the markers' think that everyone is writing too much for an answer and should avoid long and detailed reponses. at school when i write a short and concise answer for 2 or 3 marker, i would always lose a mark or two...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)