Hsc Major Work - Poetry (1 Viewer)

M

Mayuki

Does anybody have the specific stats for the major work? (i.e. number of poems, words, length of reflection statement, etc)

Thanks in advance.

shimmy&shine

HSC
What type of poety are your writing? an epic? a collection? a suite? it all depends. it's what you want it to be. You stretch it towards pomo and go crazy or stay traditional. It all depends on the direction you want your work to go in, your concept: does it complement your meaning and concept, etc.

Personally, I had over 20 poems, various length, style, voice, concepts, written in 2700 words i think and 1500 word reflection statement.

The only parameteres for this medium is the max number of words: 5000. that said, your mw+Reflecst(1500, take advantage of how many words you're allowed) should be between 4000 ~ 5000 words all up.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Alarmingly, my reflection (1400 words) was longer than my major work (1300 words). Of course, I did end up with a final mark of 35 or something catastrophic like that, which I attribute partially to the fact that the markers aren't particularly fond of short works and partially to the fact that they're pomo loving sods. My poems varied in length from midget haikus to 500 word prose poetry with the majority of them sitting on around 100 words. Hope that helps out.

On a totally irrelevant note, what sort of things are the poets of '06 doing at uni?

shimmy&shine

HSC
666_blessings said:
On a totally irrelevant note, what sort of things are the poets of '06 doing at uni?
UTS journalism (as it says in my sig) so happy!!!! and excited!!!! can't wait!!!!

LottoX said:
Also: Shimmy, are you asian? Because my friend who's doing that same course as you went to enrollment day, and she felt rather left out.
I've just pm'd you, but you JUST got offline, boohoo. reply anyways thanks.
yeah I'm asian, and there are nearly nil asians in the course, and there are hardly any boys (added that fact for good measure, lol)
what do you mean she felt left out. hardly anybody new anyone. you just have to bump the person beside yopu, say hey, and go along with the fun of meeting new people. Communications, especially public comm and journalism, is usually full of 'people' people, so she should have no trouble fitting in.

shimmy&shine

HSC
Oh. My. God. You are the gayest gay there is. I bet you always sing "I want it that way... Tell me WHY!?"

:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)