hsc exams marrk, where they the same to what you hoped 4 (1 Viewer)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I was ranked 2nd in adv english out of 25 students and only got 85/100 for the exam but somehow got 91/100 for the assessment so my HSC mark got boosted to 88/100.

mullet

- Hist x1 was *WAYYY* higher than what I expected. Our teacher marked us all really low ... I was just scraping through, then I was merit listed for it. Lemme hear 'whatthe???'
- Eng, Mod Hist, Gen Maths were what I expected.
- And my best subject, Eng ex1, was much lower than I expected ...
*sniff*

Originally posted by MinAi

well u have to put ur rank into perspective - depending on the size of ur grade
I was ranked a mere 25th and got 92 for the exam
i think you prove that in most circumstances, ranks don't count as much as the actual marks you get for the hsc.There is a much more closer comparison in marks than the ranks from school to school.

'are hsc marks in general higher than asst marks?'-t-i-m-m-y

sory but i have to point this out.I think you mean assessment marks are generally higher than exam marks in the hsc. Hsc marks are the average of both assessment and exam marks.I think there are two types of people where there are differences in these marks- those who don't put in the effort at school, but show intelligence and ability to go well in exams and those you try really hard at school, but are weaker in answering questions in exams.I used to be weaker in exams- but with good study habits i sharpened up my exam abilties in yr 11/12

Last edited:
I was wondering what happened to me in english, I was only averaging like 75-80 and ended up getting 89 for assessment and 87 hsc mark overall.

but for physics i was averaging 97-100 and ended up with 95 for asessment and 95 overall, same with chem was getting 90+ but ended up with 88.

Originally posted by MinAi
Really?
but yeah, I went to a selective school, so that puts it into perspective
minai, how would you see yourself at your selective school, average or good or what? is your school like baulkham hills where like every year about 30 ppl or so get 99+ and about another 70 get 97+?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Slice of heaven

minai, how would you see yourself at your selective school, average or good or what? is your school like baulkham hills where like every year about 30 ppl or so get 99+ and about another 70 get 97+?
haha no way! Baulkham Hills is the 3rd best school in the state based on last yr's results

my school (Manly) is a lower tier selective (by that I mean it's shit), we came 37th according to the SMH...about 50% of our grade get over 90 uai, and only 5 ppl got over 99 last yr...but we are fairly small, like about 100 students in yr12
I'd say I was above average at my school, I got a UAI of 95.25 so I was up there i guess..

that's pretty cool then, and btw i think i saw you at enrolment day, cos i saw ur pic on this site but i didn't approach you because you looked like you wanted to be left alone or something like that:confused:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Slice of heaven
that's pretty cool then, and btw i think i saw you at enrolment day, cos i saw ur pic on this site but i didn't approach you because you looked like you wanted to be left alone or something like that:confused:
haha wth..
u should've, I probably was terribly bored

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)