How to study? (1 Viewer)

frog1944

HSC
Hi,

If I'm doing 2 hours each night "studying", what does that entail? I've heard that usually they make the weekends about revising past content, though during the week they usually advise to study. What should you be doing in your study time (note making, revising class that day, practice questions on your current topic, going ahead etc.)?

I usually feel inundated with the amount of "stuff" that there is to do, and confused as to what actually makes the difference in the end.

Thanks

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Depends what you mean by studying because people study in different ways

Usually this is how people "study":

English-write practice essays, send them off to teachers/tutors, get feedback on them and re-edit it until it's become high quality
Maths-do practice questions and past papers, as well as going through mistakes and understanding the underlying concept behind what you didn't understand in the question
Science-Well this is kinda hard since "science" is split into two parts, the maths side and the theory side, the maths side is really all about practice wheras the theory side, is about reading over notes and practicing them by writing responses which ensure you gain full marks

frog1944

HSC
Should you try and go ahead? How much time should you give to each subject?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Should you try and go ahead? How much time should you give to each subject?
Yeah but tbh I'd do it in the holidays so when you come back to school, you can focus on your weaknesses and practice exams

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay, firstly, stop being overwhelmed and trying to do a million things because that's inefficient, you need to learn to PLAN and PRIORITISE, for example, depending on your depth of knowledge, you would usually have some sessions to revise the content, before in later sessions you would start doing textbook and exam questions, it is all about thinking-how deep do you know this topic, what you don't know, and what level of practice you can handle at this stage. Perhaps the most important advice I can give you is to set realistic goals. Good luck with everything!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)