How to study? Intuitive? No. (1 Viewer)

HSC
Before this time I needed only to study for more skills-based subjects.

E.g. Maths, English (Yeah, essays but they're still skills based), Japanese..

I didn't study for Eco/Phys, but, now I need to start studying for Physics...which is content heavy.

The thing is - I realised I don't actually know how to study for a content based subject. Ie. memorising notes, writing syllabus dot points etc.

I wrote syllabus dot points for Prelim phys...But I really didn't know how to study for it. Just read them out a million times and then memorise them? Or are there some other ways?

Thanks a lot.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Before this time I needed only to study for more skills-based subjects.

E.g. Maths, English (Yeah, essays but they're still skills based), Japanese..

I didn't study for Eco/Phys, but, now I need to start studying for Physics...which is content heavy.

The thing is - I realised I don't actually know how to study for a content based subject. Ie. memorising notes, writing syllabus dot points etc.

I wrote syllabus dot points for Prelim phys...But I really didn't know how to study for it. Just read them out a million times and then memorise them? Or are there some other ways?

Thanks a lot.
Over the holidays I recommend you revise parts of Year 11 Physics as you will need it in Year 12. Develop your study habits for your content based subjects then.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Rote memorization does work, but there are far more efficient ways of remembering. What I do is read the content a few times, then create general headings under which a certain volume of stuff can come under. Then i recall the heading, and from that recall as much relevant detail as I can from the topic. For subjects like maths, physics and chemistry, create your own problems to solve, your brain will remember much more efficiently because you are actively using the information in the act of remembering it.

Zeroes

HSC
I had the same problem, I hate rote memorization but actually properly learning content heavy subjects takes a lot of work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)