how to get a band 6 in family essay.. (1 Viewer)

munchiecrunchie

HSC
answer the question. sounds like a dumb piece of advice, but you'll be surprised how many people don't.

vasuu91

HSC
basically:

- use of legislation, cases, media and documents
- good structure- i.e. for effectiveness dont restrict ur self to the key terms accessibility, resourcse efficiency etc. as basis of ur structure- centre it around the issue
- upto date statistics and media articles
- most importantly - there has to be an argument- most often questions are about 'evaluate' or 'assess' in which case an evaluation throughout the essay is importnat- dont story tell!!!
- solid introduction and conclusion- use your introduction to briefly introduce all points your gonna talk about and then the conclusion should be a good summing up of all these points>>>>this is however NOT the most important point to implement
- legal terminology- use words that are part of syllabus, this is where all the terminology from effectiveness of the law shoudl be coming in
- judgement terminology- words like 'therefore', 'most significantly' or 'however' show that you are evaluating
-finally know ur stuff- know the syllabus points well- know what things like 'alternative family arrangments' etc means- the more comfortable you are knowing the basic knowledge, the easier will it be for you to write an essay on it!!

good luck and hope this helps =]

sal17

HSC
ok cool thanks=]
and another thing..can we argue against the qstn (disagree)
e.g. this one
'society moves ahead and the law limps behind'
discuss this statement in relation to continuity and change in the law as it applies to family members...
(do i only have 2 talk bout law reform in this qstn?)

P

pen-el-ope

sal17 said:
ok cool thanks=]
and another thing..can we argue against the qstn (disagree)
e.g. this one
'society moves ahead and the law limps behind'
discuss this statement in relation to continuity and change in the law as it applies to family members...
(do i only have 2 talk bout law reform in this qstn?)
Well...there is no rule that says you can't...but seeing as there is no way to say that the law moves ahead of society...than it would be extremely difficult/ not worth trying.

sal17

HSC
ok=] but can i argue 4 both sides, like agree and dis-agree..or would it be better not 2 do that

obiman

HSC
yea basically ur outlinning effectiveness of legal system in recognising societies values and views.

Azreil

HSC
sal17 said:
ok=] but can i argue 4 both sides, like agree and dis-agree..or would it be better not 2 do that
Don't say something like it's "somewhat effective" or "partly" or anything like that. Say the law is effective in keeping up with society's expectations in x area, but not in y area.

Zeestylez

HSC
Azreil said:
Don't say something like it's "somewhat effective" or "partly" or anything like that. Say the law is effective in keeping up with society's expectations in x area, but not in y area.

thanks for that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)