How to get 15/15 in part 3 with The Tempest? (1 Viewer)

Lordie

HSC
I've achieved only 13/15 in my AoS Half Yearly and Trial papers. I'm just wondering how I can boost that up to 15. It's my weakest area, and I don't know why, heh.

I use 8 dominant themes in analysing The Tempest, and use Prospero, Ariel and Caliban as dominant characters that portray these themes, as well as reference to other characters with smaller issues. I use direct quoting, as well as detailed reference, avoiding retelling the story. In my related texts, I link the themes through characters, and specific themes such as sleep and dreaming. I have a strong Intro and conclusion.

So, can anyone help me as to how I get those extra marks?

Thanks.

friction

HSC
Wow you do so much. From what my teachers have been saying i will be close to the same mark and i only really look at 2 themes and focus on 1 character in each. So maybe you are lacking the detail becasue you are trying to do too much. BTW how long is you essay ??

nandayo

ismist
HSC
I'd say unless you have superhuman speed-writing capabilities, that you cannot write about eight themes in the Tempest, their relation to supplementary text AND have detailed textual reference to support your claims all within forty minutes.

Well you can, but you would be lacking depth. Your approach sounds strong so my only advice would be that you deal with three or four themes in much greater depth than only skim the surface with eight themes. In my opinion, that's probably where those two marks are.

Lordie

HSC
Sorry, I used bad wording heh. There are 8 themes that I know of, and I use a select few depending on the question. So no I don't write about all 8, but it does look like I wrote that. :p I use 2-4 themes, hehe.

Alrighty, so 'less is more' in terms of themes I guess you're saying. I'll try and go deeper with a select few themes, not trying to climb Everest.

My essay is generally 5 A4 pages, not the booklets, long, with relatively small writing. It hurts, but it's so worth it, heh.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Are you integrating or writing text-by-text?
Because I was getting 12-13/15 until I integrated my essay based on my imaginative journeys concepts, anddd have been getting 14/15, and the occaisional 15/15 ever since.

HSC
a 12 or 13 is a borderline A range response. you need to just polish up your essay. and make sure you read the marking rubrics and make sure you use the key words.

NLAngel

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Are you integrating or writing text-by-text?
Because I was getting 12-13/15 until I integrated my essay based on my imaginative journeys concepts, anddd have been getting 14/15, and the occaisional 15/15 ever since.
imaginative journeys concepts? May I ask what this is? Do you mean like the different lessons..? TIA

dolbinau

HSC
Lordie, your teachers must give you feedback of why you don't get 15/15.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Well, instead of

Tempest

Text 1

text 2

You would have a driving statement or theme that is common to all of your imaginative journeys texts

So, like, I have

Imaginative journeys take us to new and exciting locations
In the Tempest
Reinforced by text 1 and 2

Imaginative journeys subsequently allow us to reflect on our pasts, present and possible futures
In the Tempest

And then finally

Imaginative journeys will ultimately facilitate reflection and cause change
In the Tempest

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
No sorry, but I'm sure you'll find some around here. Just check out the physical journeys section and model it similarly.

dolbinau

HSC
friction said:
My whole 4 - 5 pages is about change :).
Mine is basically the same.

Should we spend a little more time on the prescribed text than our own ones?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Yes. It should be about 60/40, seeing as you'd have spent more time studying the prescribed than your related. youre relateds are just to reinforced what your prescribed is saying about journeys.

friction

HSC
Really i thought with 3 texts it should be like 40/30/30 for each text. So it should be close to even. Or is what you are saying only for 2 texts.

3lois3

HSC
Lordie said:
I've achieved only 13/15 in my AoS Half Yearly and Trial papers. I'm just wondering how I can boost that up to 15. It's my weakest area, and I don't know why, heh.

I use 8 dominant themes in analysing The Tempest, and use Prospero, Ariel and Caliban as dominant characters that portray these themes, as well as reference to other characters with smaller issues. I use direct quoting, as well as detailed reference, avoiding retelling the story. In my related texts, I link the themes through characters, and specific themes such as sleep and dreaming. I have a strong Intro and conclusion.

So, can anyone help me as to how I get those extra marks?

Thanks.

okay that sounds like loads of stuff to say but, are you really answering the question or just saying everything you know and hoping for the best.
Good stuff, linking the themes with the characters but are you reinforcing it with techniques, like stage directions and language features.
just dont waffle on keep it sharp and sweet.

GET FREE

HSC
Usually isn't it the little things like spelling/grammar/structure/vocab. that cause someone to lose one or two extra marks?

Or your teacher just hates you.

Jsfrulz

HSC
when you say themes do you mean the concepts of the journey like that other chick was saying (i.e. imag journeys take you to new places, lead you to new experiences etc) or do u mean themes like magic, love, war etc. ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)