how to actually make and use effective flashcards (1 Viewer)

mvrcuriee

HSC
i wanna try utilising anki or like those flashcard things but how do i actually make them or how do u guys structure them? how often do you guys look over it? ty!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you asking for software-specific advice, i.e. how to use software such as Anki? If that is the case, there should be numerous tutorials available online (for example, on YouTube) that can provide you with a general idea as to ways of using it to effectively support your study strategy. My understanding is that a number of BoS users have also used/currently use software including Anki, so they may be able to provide advice based on their experiences.

If you are seeking suggestions about making flashcards for specific subjects, then it would be a good idea to mention the subjects for which you are thinking of using such software. Generally speaking, a different approach may be needed depending on the subject, considering different elements such as text, diagrams as well as mathematical input. Here, you may also benefit from the advice of other BoS users who have also used such software for their studies, especially if they have taken and/or are currently taking the same subjects as you.

In terms of optimising your flashcards, it would probably be a good idea to regularly revisit them, whether it is as part of your revision or for another purpose (for example, you may at a later stage find that you can somehow adjust and improve flashcards that you previously created).

I hope this helps! 😄

mvrcuriee

HSC
Are you asking for software-specific advice, i.e. how to use software such as Anki? If that is the case, there should be numerous tutorials available online (for example, on YouTube) that can provide you with a general idea as to ways of using it to effectively support your study strategy. My understanding is that a number of BoS users have also used/currently use software including Anki, so they may be able to provide advice based on their experiences.

If you are seeking suggestions about making flashcards for specific subjects, then it would be a good idea to mention the subjects for which you are thinking of using such software. Generally speaking, a different approach may be needed depending on the subject, considering different elements such as text, diagrams as well as mathematical input. Here, you may also benefit from the advice of other BoS users who have also used such software for their studies, especially if they have taken and/or are currently taking the same subjects as you.

In terms of optimising your flashcards, it would probably be a good idea to regularly revisit them, whether it is as part of your revision or for another purpose (for example, you may at a later stage find that you can somehow adjust and improve flashcards that you previously created).

I hope this helps! 😄
Haha, yes i was moreover asking for advice on how to make effective flash cards on subjects. I take PDHPE, Legal, Business and 2U math. I’m just so unsure what to actually write and I don’t want to waste my time making them only to be 💩🤣🤣

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha, yes i was moreover asking for advice on how to make effective flash cards on subjects. I take PDHPE, Legal, Business and 2U math. I’m just so unsure what to actually write and I don’t want to waste my time making them only to be 💩🤣🤣
Although I did not make or use flashcards myself, I could perhaps provide my thoughts on using them for Business Studies. You could essentially make flashcards to help you remember the definitions of particular concepts, ratios (consider the Finance topic) and potentially even case study information. I believe that this would be an effective approach in addition to using a set of good-quality notes (which can entail either your own notes or a combination of your own notes as well as a set of premade notes). This, alongside completing multiple past exam papers, will hopefully lead to favourable results. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)