how much study.....? (1 Viewer)

shayla

HSC
Hi
Was just wondering, how much study should you do daily if your doing Standard English, Gen Maths, Food Tech, Drama, Bussiness Services and Modern History for the HSC?

Is it better to study every subject nightly or just make up a weekly timetable for study and make sure that you cover all of the subjects?

thanx

shayla

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Study every subject nightly?

What the fuck, I don't even study a subject nightly.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
study as much as you can!!!..the night before the exam.
i have 2 eco tests, thursday and friday cram cram cram!!!

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
It depends how competent you are. I.e with soem of those subjects i perosnally wouldn't even study for them as some are not that diffucuilt.

Food tech - none
Dram - none
English - very little
Business services - a little bit
Maths - quite a bit (unless you are real good at this).
Modern history - quite a bit.

Only real harder subjects is General Maths and Modern History so unless you really struggle with school I think 1 to 1.5 hours study a day woudl suffice.

HSC
Personally, I find it difficult to study every subject nightly. I generally focus on one, maybe two a night. However, I don't say, I will do English monday, Maths tuesday etc as I know that other things get in the way. I guess I just go with the flow, and if I have an overwhelming desire to study a particular subject (doesn't happen very often) then I do.

But my study technique for exams is solely to cram. I sure hope that changes soon.

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
babikakez said:
Personally, I find it difficult to study every subject nightly. I generally focus on one, maybe two a night. However, I don't say, I will do English monday, Maths tuesday etc as I know that other things get in the way. I guess I just go with the flow, and if I have an overwhelming desire to study a particular subject (doesn't happen very often) then I do.

But my study technique for exams is solely to cram. I sure hope that changes soon.
Yes thats what I do too :) After all the homework though.
I just can't seem to concentrate if I keep changing the subject when studying.

cs01001

HSC
It won't be effective to study every subect every night, just focus on your weakest subjects and look over notes for your stronger subjects. For subjects such as English, Sciences, and Maths, daily revision might be necessary. Oh, maybe not so much for English, lol

RedZenith

HSC
But if you have learnt a lot at school for that subject on that day, you need to revise it so that it slips into your long term memory. I have a sheet on this somewhere - I'll try to find it.

As I said, try not to use a timetable, they are far too restrictive I find. They can't adapt to surprise tests or urgent assignments, you can.

Che08

HSC
If i were you i'd do the 2 subjects a night, and for around 2.5 hrs (after homework)for a large part of the year but around 10-12 weeks before final exams id step that up & seriously spend a fair chunk of time on Modern History, Math and Business.

BTW I wish someone had seriously given me this advice before my HSC. Around a month before final exams my teachers were like 'you should all start a study timetable' - bit late even tho people should know to study.. but i probably should've had common sense to start studying at the start of the year.. i left it till July myself.

Tranquility88

HSC
I didn't do HSC but I just finished VCE. I can't say it is the same deal but what i can say is that the amount of study should not be viewed as quantitative but as qualitative. There is absolutely no point if you study hours and hours and not getting ne thing out of it. Some people do only a few hours of study and end up getting a lot out of it which is most important. Other take longer. Depending on who u are but this shouldn't concern u too much. Just adopt what best suits you. Everyone is different and you can't implement other ppls methods into ur own because chances are it wont suit you.

Sarsy

HSC
I definitely go along with what RedZenith said. If you learnt a lot that day, do as much study needed to cover the new information. Otherwise it'll just sit in the trash can of your brain to be emptied the next day. :)

But apart from that...*shrug* Depends what sort of day you had, in terms of subjects, # of subjects that day...

HSC
Shadose said:
After all the homework though.
Yeah, homework does come first for me as well. I generally try to finish my homework and start working on assignments from about 4pm till about dinner time. Then after dinner I'll either study or work on my major work, or if I've had a lot of homework, then finish that.

HSC
I feel really slack, I have about 3 tests and an EE essay within a week yet I've wasted the last 2 days on the computer. I should probably just "ban" myself from the computer. >_<

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
Mongoz said:
ur just like me y dont u just work hard on assignment then youll have to do Other things on the computer :)
lol, thats what I'm doing now XD
I'm waiting for the last hour to do my Maths XD Okay, maybe I should go and do it now...

A timetable is good if it is flexible. It won't be effective to use a rigid timetable. And don't make everyday the same, it would bore you. Its more about organising your time, if you can do that, then I believe you don't need one ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)