How long does a UAI last? (1 Viewer)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
When does it become invalid? As soon as you start UNI? After a year off?

This may be a stupid question, but I'm just not sure.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Its sticks on ur Conscience for the rest of your life.

santaslayer

HSC
fleepbasding said:
When does it become invalid? As soon as you start UNI? After a year off?

This may be a stupid question, but I'm just not sure.
You use it within 5 years I think.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Right. But once you've studied at UNI you are post-graduate and therefore get in to further university courses based on uni results plus maybe a stats test. Is this correct?

santaslayer

HSC
Depends on the course. Some degrees (or transfers) may require UAI as well. Best to find that info out at your particular uni. Too soon for you anyway.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Yeah, just something I've been curious about. Particuarly since I'm not sure whether 1 year off before UNI will be enough!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Keep in mind that course requirements and marks requirements change from year to year .: UAI's "change" from year to year

Using this logic, I would say that a UAI only lasts a year as such....

hope this makes sense

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Yeah, I think I see what you're getting at... but I can still use my UAI (even though course requirements and cut-offs will change) for up to 5 years (according to santaslayer).

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
the actual number lasts forever but the effectiveness of it changes...plus some unis may not recognise ones UAI after a certain time (which is what Sanatslayer may have been getting at-I hope).

eg. I know that my HSC results would be useless now for anything as the HSC has changed since I did my HSC...and it changes all the time .: the validity of ones UAI *may* not be so great after a set of changes eg when the HSC changed in 2001. Any UAI's prior to that are different as such.

Best to double check with the relevant unis..would hate for you to have your heart set on a course and then the course disappears two or three years down the track or even worse, the requirements have changed so drastically that your UAI cant be used!

Best to get in, accept then defer..then check out how long you can defer for if you dont want to start Uni straight away...you may find out that they have to hold your place and let you in no matter what changes have occured...but dont quote me on this! :)

Now Im rambling....

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I thought they had a shelf life of 3 years, thats why you need to do Open Foundation or whatever if you decide to go to uni once you're 21

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)