How do you prefer to learn? (1 Viewer)

Kyler-X

HSC
The question I want to ask is How do you prefer to learn?

Some people prefer to learn visually and see their work (e.g Powerpoints, practical, etc) while others prefer to work independently and at their own rate.

I personally prefer to know when a topic is to be completed by, and work at my own rate and in my own style to complete the notes. I find this forum to be an invaluable environment for learning and learn alot from it.

How do you prefer to learn?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Meow.

I used to learn by doing stuff over and over again. =]

Kyler-X

HSC
shinji said:
Meow.

I used to learn by doing stuff over and over again. =]
Haha, I find that so hard to do :x I lose concentration fairly easily and tend to forget all the effort.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Depends on subejct.

Matsh - read examples, practice questions
Physics - write out most of book
Chem - suamrrise!!!!
Eng - Just copying notes

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'm predominantly a visual learner :)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Hahaha I had to do a quiz on this when Greater Union was training me, management wanted to decipher what each team member's learning style was. I was a bit all over the place, I was like half visual and half kinetic.

Foxodi

HSC
Learn in class to become familar with the content, and understand all concepts
Then I'll work in my own time making study notes - which once are complete I will read again, and again, and again... then I'll prob do some questions to make sure that Ive learnt the right stuff :)

powerdrive

HSC
just cram cram cram
thats what i did for my hsc this year, full on cramming non stop till the exams

cccclaire

HSC
I'm not so much of a visual/practical person. Often in chemistry I'll do a prac, and at the end of it have no idea what I was supposed to get out of it, and then someone will have to explain it to me.

hunni.xx

HSC
maths- doing my h/w lol n jst heaps of past papers n questions! sum textbook qs r rli diff to exam ones........ n exam qs r basically da same each yr............

eng- jst perfecting essays n using da same ones throughout da whole yr...

bus- writing short bt gud notes after each topic........ dnt leave dem until trials or nefing ull b crying!!

legal n eco- writing rli gud general essays n notes :D

furansugo

HSC
I'm such a visual learner that it borders on ridiculous. I find it exceedingly difficult to actually retain raw information unless i see it in a written form, which renders teacher lectures useless unless I take notes. However, i find class discussions useful for generating new ideas.

I find it helpful to simplify all of my work into diagrams. It really does make it a lot easier.

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC
powerdrive said:
just cram cram cram
thats what i did for my hsc this year, full on cramming non stop till the exams
same here. sort of

BamBam90

HSC
I'm a visual and kinetic learner. I am not much of an auditory learner as i find myself zoning out during those lessons where all the teacher does is talk..

Aplus

HSC
N/A
For history I see how different events and information relate. Imagine a mind map, but I'm writing a short essay. As I write my memory kind of starts coming back and I can see how everything connects. Improvisation also helps.

Last edited:

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
I prefer to learn by listening and taking notes, then I can formulate my own ideas and build on my comprehension of the subject matter. Also for maths I just do questions, questions and more questions! Only way to succeed IMO. Just practice, as always.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)