How do i stop photoshopped images pixelating during printing? (1 Viewer)

clairexx

HSC
Whenever i edit/do something on photoshop, it looks great on screen, but when i print it out, it always seems pixelate and blur. i've tried inserting the image into Word, then printing, and i've tried printing it straight off as the saved file. i usually save in jpeg, and the image is never larger than A4 size.

should i be saving my file as something else?
do i need to make the image on the computer look too sharp so when i print it out it doesn't blur?
should the 'jpeg options' be fiddled with when i save?

if there are any photoshop techs out there willing to help me, thanks =]

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
correct resolution? try bmp instead of jpg or increase the quality.

make sure it's within proportion, i.e. you don't have the width of the picture bigger than the width of an a4 paper

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Yes, your problem is saving as a jpg. That condenses the file to save space on your harddrive and, in doing so, reduces the quality of the picture.

The best picture format to save as that does reduce picture resolution is the bitmap (bmp). It will save bigger but will print nicely.

Also, best to save a copy in the format that Photoshop produces with all the layers still intact. That way you can come back to it later if you want to modify. Saving as bmp or jpg will collapse the image to one layer.

Tofuu

HSC
yes, your problem is saving as a jpg. That condenses the file to save space on your harddrive and, in doing so, reduces the quality of the picture.

The best picture format to save as that does reduce picture resolution is the bitmap (bmp). It will save bigger but will print nicely.

Also, best to save a copy in the format that photoshop produces with all the layers still intact. That way you can come back to it later if you want to modify. Saving as bmp or jpg will collapse the image to one layer.
+1

Kat92

HSC
What you are describing is a problem with the total pixel count.

There are few things that you can look at to fix the problem:

* Change the file type of the image to bmp.

* Go to the Image Size dialog box (choose Image > Image Size). Deselect Resample Image, because you don’t want to change the amount of image data in your photo. Then change width, height, or resolution. As you change one value, the other two values change accordingly.

If these aspects are not the problem, may I suggest you do the following set of steps:

Choose Image > Image Size.

Change the print dimensions, image resolution, or both:

To change only the print dimensions or only the resolution and adjust the total number of pixels in the image proportionately, select Resample Image and then choose an interpolation method.

To change the print dimensions and resolution without changing the total number of pixels in the image, deselect Resample Image.

To maintain the current ratio of image width to image height, select Constrain Proportions. This option automatically changes the width as you change the height, and vice versa.

Under Document Size, enter new values for the height and width. If desired, choose a new unit of measurement. Note that for Width, the Columns option uses the width and gutter sizes specified in the Units & Rulers preferences.

For Resolution, enter a new value. If desired, choose a new unit of measurement.

To restore the initial values displayed in the Image Size dialog box, hold down Alt (Windows) and click Reset.

*NOTE: if still encountering a problem look up Photoshop's help page or google the problem at hand.*

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)