How do I start extension 2 (1 Viewer)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I'm currently using Cambridge and I find it alright. Did you guys do any past papers before 2020 (the syllabus change)? I'm trying to figure out how many papers I have to my disposal.
Hmm unfortunately there's only 2019-2023 papers for current syllabus - me personally, i didn't do any pre syllabus for HSC - but there are SO many big school papers now (ruse, grammar, baulko, nsb, nsg, sb, sg, etc etc)

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
I like the Cambridge two part treatment of complex numbers, but just be clear with what your school will assess - because roots of unity and trig solutions of polynomials is often tested in a later assessment or trials.
Cambridge has some weird assumed knowledge in the earlier chapters. I think in 1B it has cis x as one of the solutions 2 units before we learn about cis. It's still decent for the harder questions, although some I find wordy and weird.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Ooof Yeah. Also note, some textbooks assume you can intuitively derive certain identities and so neglect to add it on their books. A huge one I've seen lots of students forget or can't recall, is the |z1-z2|=(z1-z2)xconjugate of (z1-z2) identity.

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Hmm unfortunately there's only 2019-2023 papers for current syllabus - me personally, i didn't do any pre syllabus for HSC - but there are SO many big school papers now (ruse, grammar, baulko, nsb, nsg, sb, sg, etc etc)
Ok fair enough. Around how far before a test did you begin the past paper grind (2 weeks? 3 weeks? a month?)

WeiWeiMan

HSC
I accelerate 3U. I'm only doing 4U because I have less to think about once I'm in yr 12.

And also bc.... Maths is 😍😍 .
Lmao accelerating due to love of maths?
Ngl that was me before I realised I had to study
I'm currently using Cambridge and I find it alright. Did you guys do any past papers before 2020 (the syllabus change)? I'm trying to figure out how many papers I have to my disposal.
Idk about 4u but for 3u I did 2010-2019 in that excel replacement question book
subjective tbh, and also how tf is everyone doing extreme accelerated all of a sudden? @Average Boreduser you're in year 10 and have started ext 2
Ngl it’s not as extreme as you may think.

epicmaths

HSC
N/A
Here is an alternative take on acceleration though: the school benefits from your extra band 6/E4s and you likely end up doing a lot of the learning outside of the classroom anyway. If your objective is to have a relaxed Year 11 and 12 full of leadership/cocurriculars, then this is great! If you want the maximum chances at state rankings for Adv/Ext1/Ext2 this is also great.

Not for everyone, but problem solving skills and personal satisfaction can also be gained through immersing yourself in the "recreational" content offered by the olympiads.

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Here is an alternative take on acceleration though: the school benefits from your extra band 6/E4s and you likely end up doing a lot of the learning outside of the classroom anyway. If your objective is to have a relaxed Year 11 and 12 full of leadership/cocurriculars, then this is great! If you want the maximum chances at state rankings for Adv/Ext1/Ext2 this is also great.

Not for everyone, but problem solving skills and personal satisfaction can also be gained through immersing yourself in the "recreational" content offered by the olympiads.
I don’t think I’m good enough to state rank but I kinda wanna have a balanced hsc distribution rather than the ultra back heavy one normally

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
Lmao accelerating due to love of maths?
Ngl that was me before I realised I had to study

Idk about 4u but for 3u I did 2010-2019 in that excel replacement question book

Ngl it’s not as extreme as you may think.
Tbf it will be easier on you in Y11 and 12. You don’t have to care about math which on the other hand takes up drastic amount of time for people who haven’t done accelerated. e.g: Me 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)