How do I compare two population age distribution datas ? (Stats) (1 Viewer)

Tiajfe9drffdrf

HSC
I'm really confused about how to use mean, median, SD, and IQR to compare 2 data. Does lower SD mean more reliable data or it is just that data has a more reliable mean? and also when we find a median, Q1, or Q3 of a grouped data do we just use the midpoint of each grouped data to calculate the median or do we have to find the exact estimated point of the grouped data? Pls help

cossine

HSC
when we find a median, Q1, or Q3 of a grouped data do we just use the midpoint of each grouped data to calculate the median or do we have to find the exact estimated point of the grouped data? Pls help
The median is 50 percentile of the data. You cannot calculate it by taking the average Q1, Q3.

cossine

HSC
I'm really confused about how to use mean, median, SD, and IQR to compare 2 data. Does lower SD mean more reliable data or it is just that data has a more reliable mean?
A lower SD means the data is spread less. If the data is spread less then this will likely mean you will get better estimate of the mean from a sample of data. Remember central limit theorem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)