How do I actually study for english adv (1 Viewer)

amsv_1

HSC
Do I just get a wide body paragraphs from smart people and mix and match based on essay q, or do I just memorise quotes and analysis, or what, irdk how english works

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Do I just get a wide body paragraphs from smart people and mix and match based on essay q, or do I just memorise quotes and analysis, or what, irdk how english works
write a generic adaptable essay, get feedback on it and improve based off of feedback, memorise it; or, at least write a scaffold and memorise that too

if ur stuck with ideas mix and match ideas from exemplars, that's what I did for my common mod essay (I had an essay from a state ranker that i took some analysis from and mixed up an idea with something I already had)

washi-tape

HSC
Make Quote, Table, Analysis table and integrate your analysis into a base essay. For english, I found that questions will typically ask for the same thing, so as long as you remember enough analysis, 85% of your work can be memorised. Just practice writing topic sentences and introductions with new questions. I also often took the analysis of other high-ranking people, so if you're not bothered, just do this but it's best to have a good understanding of everything, rather than just spewing word for word what others are saying.
If you can, ask your teacher to mark your base essay so you can quickly make changes before you start memorising it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)