How can I get into UNSW compsci? (1 Viewer)

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
for the last 2 years i was set on doing computer science at UTS, but recently i've been thinking of going to UNSW instead.

my atar is alright but it probably isn't high enough to get into UNSW alone since i didn't bother with any of the gateway program stuff earlier in the year. my selection rank is an unfortunate 89.35 where the lowest sr last year was 90 💀

aside from praying i get in on the next offer round, how can i get into UNSW while spending as little time studying in UTS?

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
i think i have to transfer if i dont get an offer on the 21st but say if i defer starting uni, can i take advantage of any entry schemes to unsw

IncrediblyBored

HSC
Don't to go to UTS. There are a few ways.

1. Gateway(80)
2. Undergrad cerfiticate of computer science. you'll transfer to 3rd trimester(85+adjustment)
3. This is kind of a silly way, but you can enrol in bachelor of science(mathematics) and do comp sci core units as your electives and transvier(73.9+adjustment, yes I'm serious). I asked the guys at UNSW open day, and they said it was okay

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
Don't to go to UTS. There are a few ways.

1. Gateway(80)
2. Undergrad cerfiticate of computer science. you'll transfer to 3rd trimester(85+adjustment)
3. This is kind of a silly way, but you can enrol in bachelor of science(mathematics) and do comp sci core units as your electives and transvier(73.9+adjustment, yes I'm serious). I asked the guys at UNSW open day, and they said it was okay
thank you so much i was considering doing option 2 but i somehow got an offer for unsw like an hour ago so ill be saved from uts

constexpr

HSC
thank you so much i was considering doing option 2 but i somehow got an offer for unsw like an hour ago so ill be saved from uts
do you know how to accept the offer, or do we have to wait a bit... i got the offer and i tried putting in my uac number and shit and it says " The information you entered does not match our records. Please review your responses and resubmit the form. "

hb0623

HSC
do you know how to accept the offer, or do we have to wait a bit... i got the offer and i tried putting in my uac number and shit and it says " The information you entered does not match our records. Please review your responses and resubmit the form. "
don't worry the same has been happening to all of us, I think we have to wait until 7:30 when UNSW messages us and we are able to accept the offer on the uac website since it's down at the moment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)