hornsby girls - should i transfer?? (1 Viewer)

mmmn_p

HSC
hi there! i’ve successfully made it into hornsby girls high for next year but i’m not sure if i should transfer or not. i’m currently at a pretty good selective school and i do like it here. it has a nice environment, people, teachers etc. it’s just kind of far away (about 1-1.5 hours each way) and i am managing the time alright rn but idk how it will be when i’m older. hornsby, on the other hand, is way closer. i’m just curious on how it’s like for other people who’s transferred or anyone who goes to hghs, if they like it there, if the people are nice and what it’s like to go to a single-sex school. also for anyone else as well what do u guys think of hornsbies? anything would help i’m literally so indecisive idk what to choose 😭

xtraacc22

HSC
N/A
hi there! i’ve successfully made it into hornsby girls high for next year but i’m not sure if i should transfer or not. i’m currently at a pretty good selective school and i do like it here. it has a nice environment, people, teachers etc. it’s just kind of far away (about 1-1.5 hours each way) and i am managing the time alright rn but idk how it will be when i’m older. hornsby, on the other hand, is way closer. i’m just curious on how it’s like for other people who’s transferred or anyone who goes to hghs, if they like it there, if the people are nice and what it’s like to go to a single-sex school. also for anyone else as well what do u guys think of hornsbies? anything would help i’m literally so indecisive idk what to choose 😭
okay heres some pros and cons from my hornsby experience (from a 2021 grad)
pros: everyone is pretty smart which is motivating (this is a really big thing)
english teachers slay
people are somewhat okay
cons: math /science teachers are shit. my chem teacher told us to get tutoring
if youre white then people can be a dick to you lol idk
theres a tonne of furries
also a lot of burnt out kids w shitty mental health

overall i loved it. but theres just odd stuff to consider that you probably wouldnt.

idkkdi

HSC
english teachers slay
people are somewhat okay

overall i loved it. but theres just odd stuff to consider that you probably wouldnt.
furries?????? tf

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Defs go

mmmn_p

HSC
fr?? im just scared im gonna regret it or something aa
do transfers like make friends easily and fit in alright?

C_master

HSC
english teachers slay
people are somewhat okay

furries be overpopulating these days

jjyp

HSC
Hey, I'm a to-be-Year-11 student at HGHS :)

I've known a lot of people who've transferred to and from here. One of my closest friends transferred from a non-selective school last year(Year 10) so I personally know her experience has been great but that's also hugely because she knew my friends from going to the same primary school and therefore got along instantly.

And that person's right, you can always transfer back. I also know another close friend who transferred here and then returned to her private school after a term due to her parent's wishes. I miss her sm actually T-T me and my friends are still in close contact with her.

But about 5 other people transferred into my grade last year and every single one of them have integrated fantastically into our cohort. They're really great people and I would even go to say that they may have become one of the most popular people in my grade (not because they transferred but because they're just great haha). I think that's proof that Hornsby's really accepting and you'll befriend others easily.

The people transferring out of Hornsby have gone to higher-ranking selective schools such as James Ruse and North Sydney so if you're at a lower rank you could even think about transferring even higher maybe. I will point out that Hornsby has dropped in ranking recently oop.

Going to an all-girls school I think will be very different and much less hectic than co-ed. Everyone's welcoming and there's a much of empowering women programs lol. But we do have a lot of fun ;D

I know it's a big decision to make but you should think about yourself first. If transport is easier, you'll have a much more comfortable time. If you're nice, others will be nice to you. If you don't enjoy it, you can come always go back. You're only in Year 9 so transferring there and back will definitely have less of an impact so don't worry. You're still young lol 👵

Hope this helps :))
Also I haven't heard about any furries wha-
and yes everyone is very academically motivated and pressured and Asian and burnt out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)