History EXT (1 Viewer)

Should i do EXT history????

• Yes, and drop geog and have 10 units

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Yes, and keep geog and have 12 units

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Are you made, god no!

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • i don't do EXT history and look on other forums cause i have nothing better to do....

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Whats your opinion of doing EXT history, whats its good and bad points????

EDIT: Ummmmm that should be mad not made lol

Last edited:

Yami

The Good Points

Interesting areas of study (I am sick to death of doing world war 1)
The exams are predictable. As long as you know your historiography, and two areas of debate in your area of study, you're all set.

The Bad Stuff:

Too much emphasis on historians
Can get boring at times. (But that's our class)

Last edited:

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Whats with the major project thingy??? what does that usually entail???

Yami

With the major project, you simply do whatever the hell you want. Write 2500 words on a subject, include a synopsis, an examination of 3 sources you used and a bibliography and you got yourself the major project. This major project is the only non-exam assessment task you get and from my knowledge it is worth 40%.

While there are a few restrictions on what you can do your project on, generally you can do anything. I did mine on the Samurai, and my friend did his on the history of Coke.

I am assuming you are in year 11 and you are considering doing extension history, Tenille?

Yami

Modern, ahh the old days of year 11 Modern history. I am the freak in school that does Ancient, Modern and Extension. In my opinion, Ancient is WAAAAAY better than Modern, but that's just me.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Lol Ancient REALLY doesent intrest me. God 5 units of history, that must be, whats a word... Fun??? lol

Yami

Fun? HELL YEAH!!! I LOVE IT!!! Actually, you should only do Extension History if you genuinely like history. It focuses on historiography, the history of history. In other words, you are looking at the reason why history has been recorded, using your case study as a base. Extension history is quite different from your standard Ancient/Modern History.

narrator

HSC
N/A
i'm an ancient and i love it too!

ext is tons better though, it reminds me a lot of the ext english course, all the postmodern stuff about challenging the concept of truth and the question of historical bias.

i may be new to the forums, but Tenille, i'm telling you DO EXT HISTORY!

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
extension history is EEeeeeeevil!!!!!
but meh do it... its better than alot of other subjects... were it not for the damn time its on i would prolly enjoy it more... but meh i still like it.. the ppl in it are cool and the teacher is fine.. the case study is a bit shit tho... so yea try it and if you dun like it then drop the bitch... i mean uhh subject

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
IMO, keep 12 units initially, to see if you like ext hist. That way, if you don't like it, you can still drop it, but if you do like it, you can keep it and drop geo (or keep them all!)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Yeah im going to take it up and do what year12 said sounds like a good plan. thanks for your replys..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)