High UAI with 'easy' subjects? (1 Viewer)

Leanne

HSC
Hey everyone!
I'm doing no maths or sciences for the HSC this year, but I'm getting the top 10% in my year (sometimes being out of 2 or 3 classes or more) in most of my subjects.
I was wondering if it is still possible for me to get a UAI in the 90's...

I;m doing
4 unit English (top 10% in 2 unit english, doing average in ext 1 and 2)
Community and Family Studies (coming 3rd)
Drama (1st)
Visual Arts (1st)
Modern history (12th)

Please, i need to know whether I'll make it into journalism!!!

thanx- :rolleyes:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
It's definitely possible; and, if you maintain your rankings, highly likely (in my opinion).

ellipsis

HSC
Anything is possible. Free your mind Neo... :cool:

But seriously, just stay positive and work at it. Doing well in English might mean you could get some special consideration thingo - tho don't count on it, just think about it. Ask your careers advisor, they know all.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
As I've pointed out in some other thread - someone from my school managed about 99.7 without ANY Mathematics, Classical Languages (Latin or Classical Greek), or Sciences! So it's very possible ... but you have a long road ahead! So good luck! :)

Sassasas

Hey, just got my half yearly report and was wondering if i keep up with my marks i could get a uai of over 90, which is what i really want,
Subjects are:

Drama - 4th (73 in exam)
Community and Family Studies - 1st (80 in exam)
Beginners French - 1st (90 in exam)
English Advanced - 29th (out of 96 - think i got about 73 in exam BOMBED OUT!!!)
Senior Science - 1st (81 in exam)
2u Mathematics - 16th (83 in exam)

PLEASE!!! I really wanna know if i can get over 90... need to get over 90 to be a part of my family

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You didn't give any indication of the size of your classes nor the typical performance of your school, so an already difficult prediction has been made near impossible. :)

I'm inclined to cite a figure in the mid to high 80s; I think you will need to improve slightly (perhaps in English) before something around 90 becomes truly feasible.

famunlau

1337crapxor
I go to baulkham Hills High.........got like average of about 77..........doing maths 3unit.......4unit.........3unit english.......chemistry.physics.......ipt.........
what kind of UAI would I be looking at???
cos I did really badly......trying to get into medicine......and my estimate I think isn't good.......as they need estimate from school..........
thanks

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
average of 77 for wat?
remember, try not to compare ur assessment marks to wat u might get as a UAI
what are ur ranks?
and dont u have to sit UMAT for med?

famunlau

1337crapxor
sorry 77.....as an average for all my subjects
ie.......75 for 4unit maths.......77 for chemistry......77 for 3 unit maths ........78 for english 2 unit......76 for physicws..........75 for ipt...........80 for 3 unit english

50th percentile at the school for each subject

what kind of UAI would I get........I can't get LAz seeker cos my parents wouldn't allow it or pay for it........

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
well considering Baulkham Hills is usually one of the top 5 schools every year, you would be looking at a UAI of around 90-95 if u were in the top half of the canditure at ur school

famunlau

1337crapxor
thanks.........I hope thats right..........cos I"m trying to get into med........need like 96-97.5 to be on safe side.........so like 85 average for all subjects......about 425-430 agregate
cos the average is like 97.6..........I'm a bit below that

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by famunlau
so like 85 average for all subjects......about 425-430 agregate
Just so you know, the 'aggregate' used is the sum of your scaled marks, not your HSC marks... you would need an average scaled mark of 85... which would translate to something very different in terms of HSC marks.

famunlau

1337crapxor
thanks laz.......
I understand that.,......my average at the moment is like 77 as a whole for all the subjects as shown in my previous response, however, the grade average for my subjects is closer to 81-82....which I must attain to achieve the agregate of about 96-97.........This will allow me to continue with my studies in UNI in either medicine or one of the other health sciences on offer........
but thanks anyway.rough sort of guesstimate from previous years.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)