Help with Bio Assignment? (1 Viewer)

Krossceeper

HSC
Hey guys i really need help with this as i dont really understand what they want me to do?

"Studies of offspring reflect the inheritance of genes on different chromosomes and genes on the same chromosomes. Perform a first hand investigation to model linkage"

greengoop

HSC
Well my class used play dough to model chromosomes and how gene location affected linkage. We made chromosomes out of play dough then put little lines of different coloured play dough to represent where the genes were. Its all about how close the genes are to each other which determines wether they are linked if they are further apart its less likely they will end up being linked. You could use paper or those little lengths of wire with different coloured material on them I forget what they are called. It's a stupid investigation in my opinion you are very unlikely to get it in an exam especially the HSC.

That could also be refering to a Mendel type of investigation I think thats unlikely though as that would take a very long time to perform and would be extremely difficult. Ask your teacher what is the best way to go. You could also talk about Morgans experiments with sex linkage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)