HELP PLEASE (Interior architecture) (1 Viewer)

rafall

HSC
N/A
Hello,
So I am currently a year a 12 student and I am thinking of doing interior architecture at UNSW.
I want to know more about this course, is it a good choice? Can I find a job after i finish uni? Does it have a good salary?
Also, the problem is im not doing any design subjects. So can enter even if i don't have a design subjectS? would it be hard? and do i need to know how to sketch?
My subjects are:

Mathmatics
English ESl
Chemistry
Biology
CAFS
SOR 2 II

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely talk to the representatives at info day tomorrow. Ask them all the questions you posted here. Whether you need the design subjects as a prerequisite, you can google search the degree and read about it online. I don't think you would need them, possibly maths in architecture.

rafall

HSC
N/A
Thank you
I actually talked but they said u dont need design subjects cause you will start from the beginning, however, a student told me that i might need sketching so im not sure.

Anyone has information about interior archtecture please post it here :)
If you know any info if i can find job when i graduate or there's no many jobs for it :)

HSC
As far as the Australian architecture industry is concerned, few Architecture/Interior Architecture students get offered jobs straight from graduation (this is where connections are really important). The Australian Government isn't generally concerned with building magnificent cities like in Modern Asia and Europe- site developers and Engineers are the ones who do this nowadays in Aus. Architecture students also need to graduate with Masters to be recognised as an Architect.

Some architecture students end up working in design which is similar but quite different to what you were expecting after graduating with an Architecture degree. But if you have the passion for architecture, give it a go maybe for a semester. Get good marks, network and you will succeed in the field.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)