Help!!!! please help fill the question!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dengjiayue

HSC
how do you think of confucianism? as an religion of only a moral ethcial teaching??

mishka

HSC
N/A
i would think confucianism is more of a belief system than a religion, isn't it?? i mean, there is no "god" figure as such and the belief system is based on a set of values and principles to uphold.

i think it is promoted as a way of life, as a set of ethics to follow rather than a "religion" as such that emphasises on praying to gods and other beings.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I think it would be the second option more than anything, as Confucianism is a philosphy generated by Confucia's way of life and I don't think anyone actually worships Confucia, so not a religion by the usual definition.

Abbeygale

HSC
I think its just a philosophy based on the teachings of Confucius. But at the same time, if people want to call it their religion, its their religion. I think we spend too much time trying to set completely arbitrary parameters that define what is a religion and what isn't.

felixcthecat

HSC
kami said:
I think it would be the second option more than anything, as Confucianism is a philosphy generated by Confucia's way of life and I don't think anyone actually worships Confucia, so not a religion by the usual definition.

srry,i just had to correct u.. it's Confucius not Confucia.. srry!! jsut felt like saying it..

well, i think it should be a philosophy.. cuz that's wut it is!! it does not worship a God of any kind, but just a teaching. by definition, religion is "Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe." and Confucianism has no belief in a creator (not that i remember of from last yr... hehe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)