Help Needed (1 Viewer)

BLESSD

BD
HSC
l am badly struggling in this course, but l need it to be good in order to get good uai. l dont know that much, can anyone give me tips on how to study for this subject?

sasquatch

HSC
The way i learn/study for physics is by writting up my own notes. This allows me to identify what i dont understand properly (i cant write anything for that certain topic). I can then research/ask someone/etc to pick up what i dont understand. Then to study, i just read my notes, and then try to write down everything i know about all the different topics. The topics i dont write down well enough, i re-read my notes, consult other books, etc. to try to get a better understanding. People say past papers are good, but i havent done any of those yet.

ReaL~

HSC
Physics can be a pain to study for. The way im studying for this course is
1. Learn to love the subject. (loving a subject motivates u to study it)
2. Don't ask why (some stuff in physics just sound farfetche'd and its hard to accept the facts )
3. Make summaries on all core topics, option topics.
4. Ask ur teacher/tutor if u need help :)

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
I would also recommend:

- Break down the topics into the key information.
- summarise and practice your equations and use of them. Know when to use them. Stating the equation is a mark.
- come up with some cute, neat little quotes to use for various topics and learn them rote, especially for Law's and theories. A statement of the law of theory can be a mark right there. eg "Lenz's Law states that a current is induced in such a direction as to oppose the change that caused it"
- Learn good exam technique. Break up your time. Spend only so much time per mark. Do the longer answer questions first and the multiple choice last (these you can fudge with all C, if you seriously run out of time).
- Re-read everything you write in an exam to make sure you don't miss key words or phrases and to make sure everything you write makes sense.
- Look at the mark value of a question - if it is 3 marks, they expect 3 key bits of knowledge.
- Know what each of the examination terms means and what the examiner is expecting eg discuss, compare, assess etc. Model answers to existing past papers can help you in this respect - especially Catholic Trials.
- Do or look at past papers and see the types of questions they are asking.
- Review all pracs the syllabus says you should have done and make sure you know them.
- Practice drawing graphs. Easy marks.

Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)