Help me please T_T (1 Viewer)

nspyr

So I got B Arts as my late round offer, and it sounds fun and all.
but, while i was choosing my courses i was just so lost.
According to what i have read in the handbook and others, I have to choose 2 majors from that first big list (in the first year planner) that would leave me with 12 more units.
With those 2 units would i be able to choose ANYTHING i want or would it still have to be from those lists that they provide in the planner.
Because the only ones that interest me in that list is Chinese Studies and Economics. But i really want to do accounting or other commerce.

An example of what i want to do would be :

Semester One

CHIN1006 Introductory Chinese A1 (Complete Beginners)
PECO1000 Introduction to Political Economy
ACCT1501 Accounting and Financial Management 1A
ECON1101 Microeconomics 1

Semester Two

CHIN1007 Introductory Chinese A2
ACCT1511 Accounting and Financial Management 1B
ECON1102 Macroeconomics 1
+ some other one

would i be able to do something like that? or is it wrong because you're only allowed to do 2 courses from the same faculty in one year. Someone please help me, i really need to finalise my courses soon.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
in first year, you can only do 2 courses over the YEAR from 1 faculty, so unfortunately you will need to pick up some other subjects.

nspyr

is the economy one and the accounting ones in the same faculty?
what about political economics is that in the commerce faculty also? or is it considered in the social science?

kaitoufion

HSC
If you wanna know whether the subjects are from the same faculty, you should have a look at the course description, then it will tell you which faculty it is under~
I've noticed you've got PECO1000 in Semester One, then how come you haven't got that for Semester Two??
Also ACCT & ECON are from the same faculty, so in your first year, you cannot choose anymore subjects from Faculty of Commerce & Economices~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)