Hast Writing (1 Viewer)

crochetotoro

HSC
Hi, can someone confirm how the writing section of hast works? Do they give u 5 minutes planning time or is it just "Start, you have 25 minutes"? Is there always 2 prompts because my friend did hast last year and there was only one but a few things say there's 2. Is each prompt designated 25 minutes to complete or is it completing two prompts in 50 minutes? Also, can u tell me what the hast prompt was when you did it, if you remember? I want to see how the prompts are.

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
You get 5 minutes of planning time and 20 minutes of writing. As for if there are 2 prompts or 1, the school is given a choice to choose from as there are 2 different test packages ACER makes, but one prompt is pretty common over two prompts. Also if you get 2 prompts then the other tests are generally made less difficult. I think my prompt for last year was "Life is like a ten-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use." – Charles M. Schulz, and we had to compose a piece utilising any method of writing.

windows64

HSC
You get 5 minutes of planning time and 20 minutes of writing. As for if there are 2 prompts or 1, the school is given a choice to choose from as there are 2 different test packages ACER makes, but one prompt is pretty common over two prompts. Also if you get 2 prompts then the other tests are generally made less difficult. I think my prompt for last year was "Life is like a ten-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use." – Charles M. Schulz, and we had to compose a piece utilising any method of writing.
so im just meant to think up a reply to that crazy prompt and write it up in 20 minutes wtf im actuals stuffed

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
It's not that bad, tbh my starting was very bad, but somehow in the end I tied it in so well that it ended up being highly philosophical. Just go with the flow.

crochetotoro

HSC
It's not that bad, tbh my starting was very bad, but somehow in the end I tied it in so well that it ended up being highly philosophical. Just go with the flow.
is it a good idea to write really philosophical or should we avoid that?

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
My one was going bad so I had to make it somewhat interesting. But I would recommend you avoid the philosophical aspect

Sir Jigger II

HSC
Ngl English isn’t my thing so I rather not give specific advice
Will you get 0 if you go off topic in HAST. The topic was "We are not satisfied with what we have". I wrote a narrative about addiction since we always want more of the substance we take and are not satisfied with what we consume. Would you say this is very off-topic.

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
No, I think it's fine and unique. Most people would have taken an approach in regard to money or something like that. I say the HAST is pretty lenient in terms of what they allow you to write as the topics tend to be pretty broad as well.

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
and no, the only way you can get a zero is by not writing anything.

Last edited:

Sir Jigger II

HSC
Oh ok. I am really worried with this issue. Thanks. I am trying to keep a positive outlook.

Sir Jigger II

HSC
No, I think it's fine and unique. Most people would have taken an approach in regard to money or something like that. I say the HAST is pretty lenient in terms of what they allow you to write as the topics tend to be pretty broad as well.
1691404132275.png
Apparently it said if it is not addressing the specific topic i'll get a zero

windows64

HSC
Will you get 0 if you go off topic in HAST. The topic was "We are not satisfied with what we have". I wrote a narrative about addiction since we always want more of the substance we take and are not satisfied with what we consume. Would you say this is very off-topic.
no but this is related to the thing
so why would u get a zero and it shows ur creativity and thats basically the point right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)