hast exam help (1 Viewer)

sakinluvo

HSC
Hi all, I'm currently in year 10 planning to do selective to go for year 11. I'm nervous and have no clue what to study, my current marks are rather good as I only have a C in Pdhpe while I have a couple of extracurriculars to go off from.

In all honesty, I feel like it's going to be hard and I'm worried if I'll get in or not...

I've chosen Macquarie fields, st george girls and prairiewood high as my choices.

does anyone have any advice for the test???? sorry if this post is long and thanks.

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Hi all, I'm currently in year 10 planning to do selective to go for year 11. I'm nervous and have no clue what to study, my current marks are rather good as I only have a C in Pdhpe while I have a couple of extracurriculars to go off from.

In all honesty, I feel like it's going to be hard and I'm worried if I'll get in or not...

I've chosen Macquarie fields, st george girls and prairiewood high as my choices.

does anyone have any advice for the test???? sorry if this post is long and thanks.
You go to Carlingford High but you are choosing schools that are extremely far away and not very well ranked…

But anyways all the schools you listed are relatively easy to gain entry into so don’t worry too much.

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC

Hey, just checking, are you sure Prairiewood does selective in years 11 and 12? My friend goes there and got into selective but like every other partially selective school the selective and main streams merge. The only partially selective school that has a selective stream that runs in senior years I believe is Chatswood. Other than that getting into prairie wood is easy. I got in but had to reject it as there was one spot and my friend and I got into another together school so I decided to go with him instead to make the transition easier. Your reports seem great so I don't see any issues. Message me if you need any other help, even in regards to HAST I have resources that I can send to you.

sakinluvo

HSC
You go to Carlingford High but you are choosing schools that are extremely far away and not very well ranked…

But anyways all the schools you listed are relatively easy to gain entry into so don’t worry too much.
The reason why im changing schools is because im moving closer to them really soon and ill have to commute over 2hrs on public transport or drive which my parents don't allow.

Hopefully I'll get in then, thanks

sakinluvo

HSC
Hey, just checking, are you sure Prairiewood does selective in years 11 and 12? My friend goes there and got into selective but like every other partially selective school the selective and main streams merge. The only partially selective school that has a selective stream that runs in senior years I believe is Chatswood. Other than that getting into prairie wood is easy. I got in but had to reject it as there was one spot and my friend and I got into another together school so I decided to go with him instead to make the transition easier. Your reports seem great so I don't see any issues. Message me if you need any other help, even in regards to HAST I have resources that I can send to you.
I have no clue if they do but I can check. Thank u

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
The reason why im changing schools is because im moving closer to them really soon and ill have to commute over 2hrs on public transport or drive which my parents don't allow.

Hopefully I'll get in then, thanks
Ohhh, that makes much more sense then. Since you're applying for Macquarie Fields, why not try for Hurlstone? The school is ranked much better and are quite close to each other. Although entry into HAHS is quite competitive as not many people leave.

sakinluvo

HSC
Ohhh, that makes much more sense then. Since you're applying for Macquarie Fields, why not try for Hurlstone? The school is ranked much better and are quite close to each other. Although entry into HAHS is quite competitive as not many people leave.
Yeah because of how competitive it is I am kinda straying away from it plus the fee of selective makes me wonder if trying out for Hurlstone would be worth it as there isnt any spots available either

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Yeah because of how competitive it is I am kinda straying away from it plus the fee of selective makes me wonder if trying out for Hurlstone would be worth it as there isnt any spots available either
They would usually say on their website whether spots are available. Plus, you might not know till next year since if there are people transferring to better schools from Hurlstone then the school wouldn’t know of that till late term 4.

fart

HSC
N/A

as long as u do good on the actual hast test then your report wont matter as much + ur extra curriculars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)