Hardbacks? (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Does anyone know where you can buy hardback editions of books that have been released for some time:confused:? I can only ever find paperbacks and they always fall apart:(.

Ashleet

HSC
i know there is a service over the net that finds rare books and old hardbacks, i think it is advertised in dymocks, but if i remember what it is, ill let you know. you could also try 2nd hand bookstores, they are usually a goldmine

Ashleet

HSC
oh and also try ebay, my dad deals books using it and its pretty reliable for the quality of the books (if the seller has sold before check their user rating).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Ashleet
i know there is a service over the net that finds rare books and old hardbacks, i think it is advertised in dymocks, but if i remember what it is, ill let you know. you could also try 2nd hand bookstores, they are usually a goldmine
Oh, so there is definitely no bookstores that sell just hardbacks over the counter because I don't want to go to heaps of trouble to get them:). I don't like second hand books for some reason either:).

Originally posted by Ashleet
oh and also try ebay, my dad deals books using it and its pretty reliable for the quality of the books (if the seller has sold before check their user rating).
That is too much hassle and you also have to pay a lot for shipping. Also, my parents don't have a credit hard:(.

Thanks a lot for your help anyway Ashleet:).

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I usually demand that the people at Dymocks and A+R call around and find them. There's always one store with a few lying around.

Borders has served me well in the past as well. They're massive, and they only have three stores. Check them out.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
I usually demand that the people at Dymocks and A+R call around and find them. There's always one store with a few lying around.
OK, I might start asking around then:).

Borders has served me well in the past as well. They're massive, and they only have three stores. Check them out.
OK, I will. Are those three shops just in Sydney though:)?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yes, actually. Borders is an American franchise, and though most American franchises are crap (eg Target, McDonalds) this one is DAMN GOOD. There are currently three stores to my knowledge.

1) Pitt St Mall, Sydney CBD (Skygarden Centre)
2) Maquarie Centre, Ryde
3) Hornsby Westfield

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Yes, actually. Borders is an American franchise, and though most American franchises are crap (eg Target, McDonalds) this one is DAMN GOOD. There are currently three stores to my knowledge.

1) Pitt St Mall, Sydney CBD (Skygarden Centre)
2) Maquarie Centre, Ryde
3) Hornsby Westfield
OK, thanks Lexicographer. I will be sure to have a look at them the next time I am around there:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)