• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Good Universities Guide 5 star rating (1 Viewer)

machine169

Anchorman
HSC
UNE a five-star performer in Good Universities Guide

August 16, 2006 from www.une.edu.au

The University of New England has achieved top rating (five stars) for all three primary categories of students’ “educational experience” in The Good Universities Guide for 2007. UNE has held this maximum rating for seven of the past eight years, out-performing every other university in Australia.
The Good Universities Guide is compiled using statistical data from various sources, including surveyed graduating students. The “educational experience” rating is based on information from the national Course Experience Questionnaire, which comprises feedback from graduates on teaching quality, their acquisition of generic skills, and their overall satisfaction with the course.
“Our surveyed graduates have given us the five stars in ‘teaching quality’, ‘graduate satisfaction’, and ‘overall graduate rating’,” said the Vice-Chancellor of UNE, Professor Alan Pettigrew (pictured here). “This is essentially a resounding endorsement of the educational experience at UNE. It means that UNE will stand out – thanks to our graduates – when high-school leavers consult this national resource and choose which university or college they wish to attend.”
“Full marks for ‘the UNE experience’ is truly rewarding for all staff at the University,” Professor Pettigrew said. “We are proud of their continuing efforts and commitment to teaching and to every individual student. I am grateful to our graduates for recognising their dedication."
“This acknowledgement of excellence in the independently compiled Good Universities Guide follows the recent recognition – from the Australian Government’s Carrick Institute – of UNE’s ‘outstanding contribution to student learning’,” Professor Pettigrew continued. The Carrick Citations are an initiative of the Australian Government to promote and reward excellence in university teaching. UNE was awarded the maximum number of 10 Citations for 2006.
UNE has also achieved the maximum five-star rating in “Indigenous participation”, increasing from four stars in the 2006 edition of The Good Universities Guide. “The five-star rating is welcome acknowledgement of our performance in this area,” Professor Pettigrew said. “UNE and the Australian Government have jointly funded the construction of a $2.3 million Indigenous resource facility. Now under construction, the new Oorala Centre will be a unique and innovative approach to facilitating Indigenous higher education.”
The Guide provides positive commentary on UNE’s provision of double degrees, which have seen a rapid rise in demand, and UNE performed strongly in both the “toughness to get in” and “entry flexibility” categories. In drawing attention to UNE’s “attractive scholarships, including those reserved for country students”, the Guide highlights the important role of the University in rural and regional Australia.
Posted by Jim Scanlan at August 16, 2006 04:20 PM

machine169

Anchorman
HSC
UNE averages approximately 500 PhD candidates at a given time, an important sign of the University's academic vigour. The Good Universities Guide 2006 awarded UNE the following ratings (ranked against other Australian universities):
  • Entry Flexibility - 5/5 (undergraduate), 3/5 (postgraduate)
  • Research Intensivity - 3/5
  • Educational Experience - 4/5 (undergraduate), 5/5 (postgraduate)
  • Staff Qualifications - 4/5
  • Getting a Job - 3/5 (undergraduate), 5/5 (postgraduate)
  • Graduate Starting Salary - 5/5 (undergraduate), 5/5 (postgraduate)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
And what was that Sydneysiders say about us being soft and not a real university?

Nope, it's gone.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
ObjectsInSpace said:
And what was that Sydneysiders say about us being soft and not a real university?

Nope, it's gone.
Says an UNE'r.

Nah, I like UNE...it's picturesque, and I'm sure I would have had a good undergraduate experience if I went there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)