Going to geography (1 Viewer)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
I am currently in year 11, and thinking of swaping from Chemistry to geography. I really don't like chemistry, and don't think that i will go well in it, and with the teacher we have well...... not important right now. but im not really sure how i will go in geography, i went really well in the SC but that doesent really count, and it was a fluke anyways (ahhh the board of studies making us do a test in Australian history and geography..... Bastards).
I have missed out on a term of work (which means a third of it), and i was wondering how possible it would be to catch up and still get a good mark at the end of the year. I do have the easter holidays to learn it but i want to know if it would be possible, or am i wasting my time????

Thanx

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
I would warn you against it.

Geography scales really badly and compared to Chemistry you shouldn't change.
For example:
a score of 75 in Chem could get you an 80 uai
a score of 80 in Geography would probably get you a 65.

Check out the scalings for the subjects.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Im doing:
3 unit english
Mathematics
Studies or religion
chemistry/ geography????
Legal studies
and modern
Yeah i don't like the scalings but i don't really think i would go good in chemistry anyway.
All we are getting are these little bits of info, but are totally missing the big picture.
I don't really know much about the scaling.
i have heard that the scaling for my other subjects is good, but i could be wrong, do you think that it would even out a bit?????

thanx

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)