Getting help on essays. HSC english? (1 Viewer)

Person149

HSC
N/A
Sorry to put it in the wrong forum. People will not look at yr 12 topics now since they are on holidays.

Is writing an essay with the help of a tutor.. legitimate cooperation? as long as I don't ask the tutor to write it all up for me? if the tutor helps me come up with ideas is that okay? is it okay if the tutor helps me actually write the ideas in a proper manner?

Actually I probably came up with the ideas myself from the study guides but my tutor just may have helped me also come up with ideas. I don't remember. Could the tutor possibly have came up with ideas herself? Im not sure.

For the HSC did we actually have to reference all the study guides we used? I may have used 6. It would have been too hard to reference the study guide in the essay. Should I have made a bibliography for my essay?

what is too much help for essays?

actually I may have used much more than 6 study guides.

Most of my ideas came from others commentaries probably but I did an essay from their ideas which answers a certain question. I may have made up some of my own ideas.

I decided mostly which ideas were relevant to answering my essay question and how to use the ideas.

I am thinking that can't be plagiarism because my high school teachers themselves were like a study guide to the text. Telling us ideas. We are not genius' to come up with enough good ideas ourselves and we would not have learned the text thoroughly. Every school probably does this.

How much marks would I have lost if I referenced all the commentaries and the tutor possibly?
If I referenced I would have wasted so much time in the exam. And maybe I just would have referenced the study guides rather than where all the quotes came from. They would have found that out themselves.

I HOPE NOONE USES MY CONFUSION AS A REASON TO PLAGIARISE. YOU HAVE TO FIND OUT YOURSELF WHAT IS PLAGIARISM

Also what is considered an idea? is any commentary on the text an idea?

I did the HSC some time ago and im feeling too bad. Maybe a faulty conscience?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)