General Thoughts: ESL Paper 2/Listening (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd you all find it?

itznegarbabiii

HSC
Academic english was SO SHIT ! half way through I wanted to do the other one :(((( ughh!
listening was aright

dadeng

HSC
.. module 1, australian voices hah, to be honest, i did not check the question until i finished my essay. so, whats point for module 1? wsn't it tests people's memory of their prepared essays?
module 2, omg, when i saw this question, i felt i was smart lol. Last friday, i predicted that esl paper 1 will be 'connection', business's eassy will be 'sources of change' , module 1 will be same as past papers. module 2 will be 'feature article'! hah, BINGO, all my previous predictions were appeared!

module 2, the question already gave your ideas, it tested you that how did you organise your essay.

for listening, 3 questions you could bullshit even you ignored the radio.

Last edited:

Iraqiboy

HSC
Module one - australian visions was a peice of cake !
module two - easy question, although many ignored or didn't read the question properly ! it was for AND against ! most did against :p
Listening was the tricky one, there was no multiple choices !!!!! lol the questions were not very clear, and I felt they were not in sequence with the reading !!?
Anyway English is Done .... ^_^

aurine

HSC
Question 1 is fine, it just take time to write the whole thing, and I can tell it's easy
Question 2... I took the wrong question, accidentally.. did Q4 while our school only teach Q3.. but I managed to explain those, hopefully all right

Listening is poop for my ears
Q1 Q2 Q4 Q5 Q6 was easy aside from Q3 which I couldn't explain at all

dadeng

HSC
the first question in listening, it was not about 'listerning' actually.
the second question, yh, it should be..hah but its only worth 1 mark..
the third question, well, I felt i was doing IPT, not esl.
the fourth question, 'musically it worked' its about reading, easy to explain without 'listening'...
the fifth question, waaaaa, its about 'listening', i was so surprised! 3 marks.
the sixth question, okay, stupid question.

there 3 out of 15 were actually about 'listening'.

oh

mathematic error...

hah 4 out of 15.
o/O

Last edited:

muzeikchun852

HSC
module A - okay. easily adaptable.

module B - a bit tricky on how they word the question and there isn't a clear link with community. so it's sort of hard in a sense.

listening - the year thought it was hard. I thought it was okay. but it was heaps harder than our trials.

Last edited:

ez_odm

HSC
So you know how in module 2 elective 1 it said no pictures or columns. I was one of the idiots who didn't read the question correctly and wrote an article with columns. I was like
when I saw that. How many marks will I lose?

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
maybe one or two? more likely to be one mark, they cant really deduct 3-4 marks off from you just becoz you wrote in columns, i guess? (even they specifically asked you not to)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)