Fort St Essay (1 Viewer)

crochetotoro

HSC
Hi everyone, im applying for fort st high school this year and i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips?

The topic is the best education helps you learn about yourself.
Im planning on analysing some texts and using personal anecdotes in it and making in a first POV. The central theme will be heritage and culture so I'm relating everything to that. Im not entirely sure if that's what they're looking for. Anything specific i should include or make sure to not put in?

wizzkids

HSC
The best education will extend you out of your comfort zone, so that you can achieve things that you previously did not think possible.
In this way you learn something about the potential within yourself that you did not know before.
Think of learning to play a musical instrument, learning to be captain of a sporting team, or learning another language. All these things become possible if you access the best education and embrace all the opportunities that it can provide.
Good luck!

crochetotoro

HSC
Thanks! Im planning to write three instances of that happening with the overall educator being my culture and then relate what i learned from those instances to different texts. The way you worded it was really helpful and it made the topic a lot more clearer

HSC
Anything specific i should include or make sure to not put in?
Since the theme is heritage & culture, you could try arguing something along the lines of how education can 'free your mind', and that (specifically in HSIE subjects like History/Geography/Legal/SAC, and English to a lower extent) by being exposed to new characters of unfamiliar backgrounds and experiences, you extend out of your comfort zone as you attempt to critique and analyse situations presented to you.

crochetotoro

HSC
Since the theme is heritage & culture, you could try arguing something along the lines of how education can 'free your mind', and that (specifically in HSIE subjects like History/Geography/Legal/SAC, and English to a lower extent) by being exposed to new characters of unfamiliar backgrounds and experiences, you extend out of your comfort zone as you attempt to critique and analyse situations presented to you.
Im not entirely sure I understand, how does that education teach me about myself? After like, freeing your mind of the limited experiences you have through introducing new ones.

HSC
Yeah, that kind of thing. It might be a bit difficult to expand on it much, try fitting as a supporting point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)