Female Murderers (1 Viewer)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Hey !

Hmm... would anyone here know of any texts that actually have a female killer ? Cos I've been searching for a while, and it always appears as though the male is the criminal.
If you guys know any, give me a holler =D
Oh, and also ... when they attack, what methods would women more likely use ? I can only think of poison...

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
xclusv2bhung said:
Hey !

Hmm... would anyone here know of any texts that actually have a female killer ? Cos I've been searching for a while, and it always appears as though the male is the criminal.
If you guys know any, give me a holler =D
Oh, and also ... when they attack, what methods would women more likely use ? I can only think of poison...
I'd try some of the books by Colin Forbes - in particular By Stealth (a woman is the killer, but a man is the mastermind) and No Mercy - but bear in mind, the books aren't exactly incredible.

spongebob21

HSC
you should try the black dahlia. it has two female killers, the first tortures the main victim to death(with some help from her lover), and the other kills her victim with an axe.

Kabbasi

HSC
Hard boiled = femme fatale = a murderess

In most cases

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Minette Walters writes a lot of crime with female killers, detectives, and convincing red herrings.

The Sculptress is a good text, I used it for my essay.

HSC
Hey,
Agatha Chrisitie's Lord Edgeware Dies has a female murderer. She uses sleeping tablets overdose but also stabs some of her victims in the neck. The "film" with David Suchet as Hercule Poirot is very well done, and easy to watch.
If I think of any more, I will post them.
Stressed:(

nicole21290

HSC
I don't do Ext 1 but have read most of Agatha Christie's novels and of the top of my head Sad Cypress, Peril At End House, The Hollow and Crooked House all have female murderers. Crooked House actually has a young girl (aged 10? 11?) as the murderer. The most common method of murder that I have read about is poison as it means that the woman does not have to see what they are doing and because sometimes they are too weak to overpower and kill a man or a stronger woman. However, I have read a few with stabbing, strangling and shooting and the method.

Evercursed

Troubled Thinker
HSC
Often, real life provides more bizare cases than what fiction could ever come up with and the best original stories come from events based in real life. When I was still doing 4U english, I intended to do a module of work based on the nature of evil and I came across a horribly disturbing but morbidly fascinating site on the web. Could help with the concept of the female murderer.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/

Click at own risk.

Season

HSC
Feel like sinking your teeth into something juicy?

Hedda Gabler by Henrik Ibson

Hedda may be portrayed as an idealistic heroine fighting society, a victim of circumstance, a prototypical feminist, or a manipulative villain.

its a great read... highly recommend it, it was also written long before its time ie 1890, so there's plenty in there to analyse

Hallatia

HSC
in Revenge Tragedy there are heaps, Medea is a core text and then there is Kill Bill which most people use and so many others, but the bell just rang lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)