Fave major work? (1 Viewer)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
If you guys have looked at the standards package for Ex2, whats your favourite piece? Personally, i really like 'The Omnibus' cause its weird and cool :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
excuse my ignorance,
but what is the standards package?
(i've never heard of it before, been sheltered all my life :D)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
the standards package is a collection of past works and exams for each subject, with examples from band 1, band 2, band 3 etc - so for Extension 2 the standards package contains about 70 past major works across all the different mediums... its really helpful because they include stuff reflection statements as well.

i think all schools have them - its just a matter of hounding them enough so they get off their asses and show them to students (our were buried in the back of the library for a year and a half until our class hassled them enough)

Huy

HSC
N/A
oh okay,

thanks a lot.
i think my school has one,
because i've seen one or two major works being shown to students doing ext2 also (there are only 3-4 of us)

i'm not sure about reflection statements,
but i'm sure we've got a couple of major works here at school.

thanks for the info :)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
ooooh, i forgot to add - your school should have (or can get) them all on CD-Rom... its pretty handy.

malayz_angel

well i have seen past major works and reflection statements... didn't know that they were a "package"... did u like the band 5/6 ones u saw? i saw a couple but i didn't like them that much...they weren't as good as i was expecting.. or am i just too critical? although i must admit that one journal totally blew me away, the student copied their story into their journal and explained all their techniques and symbolism and everything, it was like a study guide

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i havent seen any of the journals... but yeah, i agree some on the band 5/6's are THAT great... although they seemed much worse at the beginning of the term, when i was feeling cocky and confident... one of the videos was really good though... and some of the scripts had a lot of effort put into them

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
I must say I enjoyed (alas I've forgotten the name of the work), but the poetic composition with base to music.

It is very similar to my own idea.. just a different base. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)