Eye dissection (1 Viewer)

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Hey everyone, I have an assessment where I have to "plan, choose equiment or resources and perform a first-hand investigation of a mammalian eye to gather first-hand data to relate structures to funtions. You will plan and perform the eye dissection with a partner...

I'm fine with the theory etc behind the assessment (I think) but does anyone have any methods for dissection?? I'm sure my partner and I could find a method...but we only get one chance to do it and it has to be done next Wednesday the 18th, and we want to make sure the method will work, so if someone has done it in class and has a method that worked for them, would you please be able to share it?? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee??

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
The eye is really, REALLY tough, as in hard to cut.

Don't make the mistake I made, of poking the eye with a stick... it gets EVERYWHERE... pin one side down and slowly cut through, or you'll get covered in vitreous humour!

Most of the time, the eye has been frozen, so if you wanna look at the lens, don't handle it too much or it literally dissolves in your hands

cj_bridle

HSC
make a transverse cut straight through the middle parrallel to the lans.

i second what babydoll said, pin it down somewhere so it doesnt slide around, dont poke it or you'll get a face full of it.

dont know if there is many more specific tips for this.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
jam3s said:
they said the lens is really strong. some reason it's not i poked it with a sharpe pin thing then some how the lens just all becomes stuffed up. lol
:p
the lens isn't that strong, but the sclera is...veryt ough and hard to cut with shitty school lab sclapels :p

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Thanks everyone...i got 100% on my eye dissection! Wheee..I was the only one in the class to get full marks too, so thanks all! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)