"extract" - wrong word to use (1 Viewer)

- jax -

"extract" meant different things for different texts... i mean, for wuthering heights it could only refer to different critical perspectives because if its not that, what else could it be?? u couldnt write about anything else for wuthering heights....

Lazarus, ur definition is right, but i think its different for the texts... enough chatter about it, ITS OVER!!!

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
extracts were easy for poetry. one poem for every extract. the question suited some, not others.

scruffy012

HSC
yeah i was confused with that one, i took me 5 mins to work it out, (wel i coudnt have done much anyway :D ) it killed me hat questio i wrote 3 pages on wuthering heights........................................... man i hate that novel

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
acmilan1987 said:
"Extracts" wasnt used for all texts, for the poetry texts it used the word refer to TWO "poems", in the speeches it said refer to TWO "speeches", ATSIC website said refer to TWO "sections" of the website, multimedia said two "hypertexts" and so forth
It was used for prose fiction...

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
peeasoup said:
Any reckon the way they asked for 2 extracts was a stupid way to say two different productions. 2 extracts could also mean two scenes from the play....
OMG. That is the exact same as me. I just did both, but having our own interpretation as well? I just said how they affected an understanding of the original text and its universal themes. Thank god for reading time though...

tommywatts

michaela17 said:
i think we should all appeal. we should al receive 100% for this section because the word extract is too ambiguous when used in this sense.
WTF. are you sure you people really do english advanced?
if extract doesn't mean a scene from the text, what else does it mean? and even if you didnt know the exact meaning of the word, anyone with sense should be able to work it out.

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
when the markers moderate the exam mark...they will take the problems with the questions that are widespread and account for it...theres no need to we worried
because to make the HSC exam fair...they have to account for differences in the exam
difficulty every year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)