Extension Italian (1 Viewer)

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
i dont study... I think I posted a thread about studying.. some of the past italian students posted, have a look at their suggestions. Are you Italian in background? cause if so, for speaking I go to my nonni's house and I talk to them for a few hours about stuff.. its good practice!
Listen or watch the Italian news and learn your tenses etc. Thats pretty much it, if you get a dictionary, its pretty alright- in mine theres a verb table and how to conjugate them, and the middle bit has some good expressions.

Italian Extension speaking was an absolute killer- I definetly have to practice that one a bit more!

anitav

HSC
N/A
yeh i'm from Italian background but when I go to my nonni's its Calabrese dialect...so i'm there trying to teach them italian! Dad has rai so thats a bonus for listening skills i guess but hello how fast do they want to speak during the telegiornale my god! Had italian continuers friday. The paper turns out to be a past HSC exam which I had done ages ago so I guess I went alright on it. When I asked my teacher where she got the exam from she said she made it up... e` una bugiarda! hehe

Buona Pasqua!

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Buona Pasqua to you too.. I so forgot about that!

Oh yeh I know what you mean about the dialect, my dad only speaks dialect and I spend more time correcting him than actually practising! Mine are from the north, so its not that bad, my nonno can speak proper, so thats good- over easter we had this argument about how you say 'farm' in italian (he says farma, I say fattoria).
I'm sure you went well in your exams, especially if you're doing extension. Enjoy your holidays!!

anitav

HSC
N/A
hey steph!
Are u going to the 2 unit and 3 unit italian info day at the Co.As.It place in Leichhardt? 2 unit is on the 18th May and 3 Unit is 28th

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
hey anita,
No.. i wish we were going! My teacher mentioned it, but she wasnt allowed to take us on 3 excursions in 3 weeks, some stupid rule at my school. We're going to see a film at Norton though on the 13th.. I hope its good, other wise what a waste of a day!
We got the letter for the speaking exams, 11th and 18th of sept if I remember correctly. I'm so scared.. How did you do in your half yearlies? I think after this, I'm going to be the only one left in extension at my school... scary! I'm halfway through those notes for Jack, sorry they've taken so long, I've been given what seems like 4 million assessments this week. Ciao!

edit: We're going to continuers, not extension, i dont think.

edit 2: Had extension this morning, we're going to both. So much for the rule... :s

Last edited:

anitav

HSC
N/A
Hey Steph,
Sorry haven't written in a while, i've just had sooo many assessments. I'll only be going to the extension italian study day this friday because we have a maths exam on the day of the 2 unit study day which is a pain.
Anyways i'll see you friday i guess! Ciao ciao!

blacmajic

HSC
N/A
ciao a tutti!!
io ho fatto extension anche! l'ho trovato molto interessante, mi e aiutato molto con il mio continuers course. mi e piacuto la musica nel film, in particolare quello che ascolta Alex, pero non mi e piacuto i personaggi, specialmente alex e aidi!! gli ho trovati.... non so, non posso descrivere, pero il gruppo di amici di alex sono abastanza simpatici!
in boca al lupo a tutti per gli esami!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
benvenuti!

you said you always forget the accents, no wonder since you leave them out, practice putting them on in here as well, with " ' " like "mi e' piaciuto ... pero' il..."

Kakie

check out one of the other threads, i have just posted how to do the correct accents....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)