Extension History or Chemistry????????? (1 Viewer)

steve76

HSC
help pleeeease
i'm in year 11 and i want to drop chemistry (because our teacher is shocking and i dont like it that much and i dont need it for the type of engineering i want to do), so in order to drop it, i need to pick up another unit, which would have to be extension history
and i've heard that its really challenging, but could someone give me some help please
thankyou

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Chem: I can feel you on the having a poor teacher, though thankfully we got a different one for Year 12. But it can be hard to bridge the rough start, so I can understand it.

His Ext: Is a good subject, if you're good at essays and like research. I did drop the subject purely because I tried two new extensions with the intent of only keeping one to not having 13 units. But I do recommend, you don't have it locked in immediately, but as an 11th or 12th unit in case you do choose to drop it. It is very different to normal histories but honestly can be more interesting than aspects of modern at least.

Can you explain to me your unit situation, are you doing 12 at the moment? Why do you need to pick up one?

steve76

HSC
hey there
oh thanks
um
ive got chem, adv english, adv math, sor1, slr (the one unit i drop), modern and physics
since i want to drop chem, i need to pick up one more unit (to have 10) and thats why i want ext history

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Can you explain to me your unit situation, are you doing 12 at the moment? Why do you need to pick up one?
At our school (Catholic) we must do at least SOR1 plus another 1 unit course which we drop at the end of prelim unless it's an extension subject. When we drop the 1 unit course, obviously we are only stuck with 11 units so that's why he needs to pick Ext History in order to drop chem. Also, shocking is an understatement for that teacher...

Didn't see your post steve lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)