Experiment... (1 Viewer)

Khypheneight

HSC
You guys have heard of word association, right? Well, seeing as the majority of people here are poetry freaks (",) (don't worry, I am too) let's see what we can come up with hey? I mean, being into poetry, words should come easily to us, interesting, new words... it's just an experiment... I'll start off...

BELLS

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
asphyxiate (i always wanted to use that word somewhere...lol)

get_born

bells...church...marriage...
bells...school...class
bells...christmas...
bells...golden...rusty
bells...alarms...annoying

HSC
When I was doing my HSC, i found it really useful to create short stories and deconstruct them as poems.

Try this exercise if you're having writers block:
You just have to write as many weird and unrelated endings (and storylines) for a really boring beginning.

e.g. A man catches a fish...
> The man sells it at the market > the fishbone becomes lodged in the princess' throat > the royal family sues the man > the man loses and is banished from the country > the man forces his children to become lawyers > his daughter writes a book about fish and it becomes a best seller > the man pays off his legal fees but is estranged from his daughter > his son becomes a fisherman ... and it goes on and on...

I found that when you start getting tired, and run out of (sensible) ideas, you come up with the best ones.

So here are some if you wish to try them:
A restaurant has run out of plates...
The rubbish got emptied yesterday...
Her clothes did not fit her anymore ...
All the lights went out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)