exper. testing the hypothese 'the pH of an orange is dependant on age of fruit' (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

Get about 3 to 4 oranges, test the pH of all of them. Try to oranges that have roughly the same pH level. Leave one as the control, and the others to "age". After about X days, test one of them and record the pH of it, and so on.

alias69

HSC
thanx pluvia...but lyk...wat could b possible results if the hypotheses is supported by experimental data...cos we arent meant to do the experiment its meant to b...a help for our major project wit lyk depndant variables and all dat... wat could the results b? its meant to b the juice of an orange sorry...what time period would b suitable for this.,..?

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

hmm, with what I suggested the variable would be what is changing.
Time
. The time period, maybe 2 to 4 days? Not sure about the results, but the pH of orange is slightly acidic but if it aged, it could become slightly basic. But don't take my word for it

alias69

HSC
so basically i jus test the acidity of all the juice? then...dont reli need a control do i?

P

pLuvia

The control is the variable that you don't alter, but the others that "age" aren't controls

alias69

HSC
so it'd b sumthing lyk this:

1)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Get four oranges of the same age
2)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Squeeze a glass of about 20mL of orange juice using one of the oranges, and measure the acidity of it using a universal indicator. Place the glass in a refrigerator, this will be the control.
3)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Let the other 3 oranges age to 2 days, 4 days and 6 days old respectively.
4)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Squeeze 20mL of orange juice using each orange on the respective days and measure the acidity of all of them using the universal indicator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)