Votes: 5 8.2%

Votes: 14 23.0%

Votes: 20 32.8%

Votes: 3 4.9%

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters

BlueGiraffe

HSC
What exam question did you choose? Why? How'd you find it? What artists did you use?

BlueGiraffe

HSC
I chose question 8, I like either the structural, P.M or cultural Qs and the other two were too specific for my liking. I used Ai Wei Wei, Andy Goldsworthy, Anselm Kiefer and Ricky Swallow. I think it went well... better than section 1.

adriana08

HSC
i chose question six and used kathe kollwitz..german expressionism and robert longo, anti-aesthetes..

LinzyHodge

HSC
I did question 3, agreed that inspiration is the only thing that can't be imitated or copied. I used Warhol, Munch, Calle, Moffatt, Uprock and Duchamp.
Would have liked more time to go into depth, an hour and a half isn't long enough!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
number 6, looked at Mondrian and Marc, i thought it went ok

tangotrace

SUPER HERO
HSC
LinzyHodge said:
I did question 3, agreed that inspiration is the only thing that can't be imitated or copied. I used Warhol, Munch, Calle, Moffatt, Uprock and Duchamp.
Would have liked more time to go into depth, an hour and a half isn't long enough!
wow! six artists??? howd you manage that one? how many pages did you write?

I did Q 8... with Moffatt, Quilty, and Rothko.

Jt2008

Black Cat
HSC
Yeah Q 8.
Was the easiest one there I think...
I did A.Kiefer, Zhang Huan, Clinton Nain, and Cindy Sherman.
Yew

Lucy111

HSC
I chose seven which was similar to my prepared answer and talked about how avant guarde 'artworks caused changes in the artworld'. I included Monet & the Impressionists, Duchamp and the Dadaists, Jill Orr, Munch, Paula Rego and Doug Aitken and his video art.
Found the essay much easier than section one. Everyone I spoke to said it was a really hard paper but I'm quite happy with it... happier now that its overrrrr wooo

Will-E

HSC
i did Q8 with Yasumasa Morimura, Jenny Holzer and William Kentridge. too easy :D

Hatta

HSC
Question seven, about artworks and exhibits changing the perspectives and practices of the art world (well, pretty close to that, it was over a few hours ago, after all)

Wrote about some individual Stuckist artists and their exhibits in general, as well as mentioning Hirst and Emin :mad: and I don't know if gallery directors count, but "Sir" Nicholas Serota and Charles Saatchi, too :vcross:

I think that I should have used some different artists, but it ran on for almost the entire booklet and I just wanted to leave.

Also, to those people who used Jenny Holzer (or just know who she is): goddamn, I love you.

acinad//

HSC
i chose Q3. and agreed.
i did arkley, barton, moffat, whiteley and a lil of quilty

China Doll

HSC
I chose question ten and I wrote about Kentridge, Gormley + Mueck

pezdog

HSC
Will-E said:
haha, yeah, Holzer's great
Holzer is shit imo, words are not art ffs

I think i had this debate with my teacher everytime we talked about her in class lol

Hatta

HSC
pezdog said:
Holzer is shit imo, words are not art ffs

I think i had this debate with my teacher everytime we talked about her in class lol
Wouldn't it depend on the way they're used? Though I agree that not a lot of necessarily "artistic" skill goes into her works, she's still bloody brilliant, even if just as an intellectual figure... or something (it's too early for internet arguments, but I just can't help myself)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Hatta said:
Wouldn't it depend on the way they're used? Though I agree that not a lot of necessarily "artistic" skill goes into her works, she's still bloody brilliant, even if just as an intellectual figure... or something (it's too early for internet arguments, but I just can't help myself)
Arguing about art is pointless, some people like certain artworks, others don't, its a purely subjective thing shaped by personal experience and taste.

MonKazzar

HSC
I did question 10 orlan, yoko ono, Bill henson, jean clause and christo, jeff koons, Marcel Duchamp and I think one more but I cant remember :)

pezdog

HSC
Hatta said:
I think it comes down to what you value in art - the meaning or the skill involved, i prefer to appreciate works which have taken countless hours of skill and refinement to create rather that something like Holzer's work which is all about its 'meaning'

But yea, what may-cat said - its all subjective. Im just sick of listening to how brilliant Dada and Postmodern artists are because they had unique 'meanings' behind them lol. And anyway, i never have to do it again, woot! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)