Error Message - Danger: Malware Ahead. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Like that image says someone posted an image off a site which has been blacklisted by Google. The image in question has already been removed, but I believe a warning like that wont go away until the Google spider crawls that page again.

The image was just a JPEG file, and while the site it was from may have been infected with malware of some sort (idk if it is) an image hotlinked in that way is completely safe. (there may be rare cases when that is not the case, but that would be entirely due to bugs/exploits in the browser)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Alright. Thanks for removing it though.

I was trying to report it but this was the only way to do it.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Wow, interesting stuff, never would of imagined it.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
See above (i've quoted it below), was not on our side and was not even a real threat.

Like that image says someone posted an image off a site which has been blacklisted by Google. The image in question has already been removed, but I believe a warning like that wont go away until the Google spider crawls that page again.

The image was just a JPEG file, and while the site it was from may have been infected with malware of some sort (idk if it is) an image hotlinked in that way is completely safe. (there may be rare cases when that is not the case, but that would be entirely due to bugs/exploits in the browser)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)