erm chat is an 85 atar attainable or... (1 Viewer)

TryingMyBest194

HSC
ok i know i said i'd try hard for maths and eco but im deadass cooked anyways and will probably drop eco because i literally am on the verge of screaming because i HATE eco.
anyways,,

my averages for like eng standard, legal, va, and SOR 1U are all within the 80s range while maths adv, maths ext 1, and eco are near the 40-60 range.

like im not going rely on scaling and adjustment to try get the atar i want, and i want good raw marks. the issue is my first ext 1 maths test i bombed so hard i mightve gotten sick from the mark, but ive doubled my mark in the second task (still did not get over 50% LOL), maths adv is iffy because i got a mark around 70% then around 60% for my second task, but im like,, near the bottom of my cohort LMFAO. for economics im probably deadass last but i literally cannot process anything so i'll be dropping.

that leaves me with like 10 units, with 3 of them being lowkey ass with my ranks near last within the cohort. if i tried extra hard and lifted my maths marks up + try to get band 6s for legal and sor could i get an 85 atar?

I could try reach for a band 6 in standard english but it seems so difficult atm because my school does NOT do well for english standard, and i'm not confident about snatching 1st place for it.

i got told you need to get at least two band 6s and the rest to be band 5s to get an 85 atar, so er. i might be cooked haha

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Considering the remaining percentage of your internal assessment tasks/exams that is yet to be determined, as well as your HSC exams (which on their own contribute 50% of your overall HSC marks), an 85 ATAR should be within reach. Seeking an ATAR estimate would allow you to pinpoint your current level of performance more accurately, allowing you to determine the extent to which you need to improve in each of your subjects to maximise your chances of achieving your ATAR goal.

It seems that dropping Economics would enable you to focus more on your other subjects thanks to the additional study time that you would otherwise spend on Economics, a subject where your performance is unfavourable. From this point, Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension 1 appear to be the subjects that require the most attention. You should therefore do your utmost to ensure that you thoroughly understand the content (and ask for clarification when needed) as well as complete as much practice material as possible (including textbook questions and past exam papers) to apply your knowledge and identify areas of improvement to address going forward.

Similarly, you should do your best to improve your ranks across your other subjects, although this likely will not be as difficult as your maths subjects since your position seems more favourable in your other subjects.

Of course, while it is good that you aim to achieve a good ATAR, you should keep in mind that you may be eligible for adjustment factors (depending on the degree and university), which can increase your selection rank and consequently your chances of receiving an offer.

I hope this helps! 😄

TryingMyBest194

HSC
Considering the remaining percentage of your internal assessment tasks/exams that is yet to be determined, as well as your HSC exams (which on their own contribute 50% of your overall HSC marks), an 85 ATAR should be within reach. Seeking an ATAR estimate would allow you to pinpoint your current level of performance more accurately, allowing you to determine the extent to which you need to improve in each of your subjects to maximise your chances of achieving your ATAR goal.

It seems that dropping Economics would enable you to focus more on your other subjects thanks to the additional study time that you would otherwise spend on Economics, a subject where your performance is unfavourable. From this point, Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension 1 appear to be the subjects that require the most attention. You should therefore do your utmost to ensure that you thoroughly understand the content (and ask for clarification when needed) as well as complete as much practice material as possible (including textbook questions and past exam papers) to apply your knowledge and identify areas of improvement to address going forward.

Similarly, you should do your best to improve your ranks across your other subjects, although this likely will not be as difficult as your maths subjects since your position seems more favourable in your other subjects.

Of course, while it is good that you aim to achieve a good ATAR, you should keep in mind that you may be eligible for adjustment factors (depending on the degree and university), which can increase your selection rank and consequently your chances of receiving an offer.

I hope this helps! 😄
thank you so much!! i've seen your comments around BOS before and they're always so helpful and receiving these are genuinely so reassuring!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)