• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Enrolling in BofDesign (1 Viewer)

ColdStatic

HSC
So I just enrolled in the course Bachelor of Design, but I'm not really sure if I've done it right.

For people who've enrolled in this course before - for the first year, are there any differences between the tutorials you can select in each course? I wasn't sure if each tutorial had something different, or if it was the same thing, just in various rooms and times. I just selected the tutorials based on the time slot. Was that the right thing to do?

Also, I'm pretty confused about Majors. Does the first year involve them at all?

[Feel free to move this if it's in the wrong section.]

garesuka

HSC
N/A
I'm going to be doing Design this year too! (but I have done a year of university elsewhere, so I have some idea of things work). We may bump into each other without realising it...

Anyways... you don't have to worry about the differing class times, they are just different class times with differing rooms numbers. They can't have all the tutorials run at the same time as it wouldn't be convinent or practical. So just pick whichever one suits you best!

The only real difference between tutorials would be the tutor, but you wouldn't have a clue what they are like (or who they are) until you actually start the tutorials.

Just look at your class timetable via myunsw, if all the boxes are blue then you have enrolled correctly. If not, then you aren't and will have to continue picking your classes and sorting things around.

The program for first year is quite simple and evenly spread out. With different units (subjects) on a different days, so you'll be hard pressed to have any unit clashes. The only thing you have to do is make sure you are enrolled in all the required lectures and tutorials.

If there isn't any room left then you can phone enrollment support to get squeezed into a tutorial but there seems to be plently of room there. Best thing is to enroll into them as quick as possible to get the ones you want.

First year introduces you to the basics of design and is general in its content. The idea is to have the basics layed down first so you get a solid idea of what major you want to pursue. The second year is when you pick your major(s) and you continue with it til the end of the course.

The course will be explained in detail during O-Week.

Tuesday 4th of March is the day where the COFA Degree Info Sessions are. Ours is at 11am-12pm rooms F204-210. So be sure to turn up to that!

I think I may have said too much but oh well, good luck with everything!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)