English speech HELP plZ!!! (1 Viewer)

feiGwinny

HSC
Hey guyz i got an assessment task ...due wednesday the 9th...and i dunno wat to do...><" please help me!!

TASK DETAILS
*Choose a CHARACTER from the prescribed text you have been studying
(Peter Skrzynecki - Selected Poetry)
* Your challenge is to imagine that you are this character and to prepare and present a two to two and a half minute talk in which you discuss the journey you have experienced and how this journey had shaped your understanding of yourself and the world around you. (you will be stopped at 2 minutes 35 seconds)
*In shaping your talk you will need to consider the following:
-the type of journey undertaken
-the experiences you have encountered on this journey
-how these experiences have impacted on your life
-how this journey has contributed to your understanding of yourself and the world around you

MARKING CRITERIA
You will be assessed on how well you"
Structure/Method
*effectively organise and develop your ideas about the experience of the Physical Journey represented in the Core text.
Manner
*effectively use voice, pitch, intonation eye contact and palm cards.

can i start off liek this:
Hello my name's Peter Skrzynecki and i'm goign to talk bout my experiences......
and the teacher said to give examples/evidence....but.. i dun get wat she meant....like...asif...techniques or what?

i really suk at speeches.....PLEASE give me some advices >_<" just anything ...
thankyou!!!!

Last edited:

LoneWolf1990

HSC
I think what your teacher meant by evidence is like the stories within the poems e.g. Crossing the Red Sea- what the 'boat ride' to Australia was like, you know what I mean? Anyway, here's what I think you should do, if you don't have a copy of the Excel Study guide for Peter Skrzynecki, then try this link and look 4 the interview where the poet talks about his migrant experiences.http://books.google.com.au/books?id...er+Skrzynecki&sig=8xkJiXASQOp58Z9GzNsOq57tzeE

feiGwinny

HSC
Stories within the poem...hmm.. OK :) But i don't need to mention which poem....yeh?
anyways i think i noe was to do now=)

THANKS ALOT!

feiGwinny

HSC
emytaylor164:
"they never planned to return to war torn europe " to watch a sunset they would never see again. "

does this mean i have to use quotes from my poem? say like, in one of my poem i have ...etc etc
Or just 'smooth' it in...

feiGwinny

HSC
okie, i think i know what to write now...i can see some ideas flowing in...:)
THANK YOU!!!

LoneWolf1990

HSC
feiGwinny said:
Stories within the poem...hmm.. OK :) But i don't need to mention which poem....yeh?
anyways i think i noe was to do now=)

THANKS ALOT!
No problemo, let us know how you went.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)